The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Housing Rotation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter_95RS

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2009
765, Indiana
I'm in the middle of my first turbo build, and i've gotten to the point where i need to mount the turbo to the manifold. when i set the flanges together, the outlet on the compressor housing is pointing directly up towards the hood and there seems to be no way to get an intercooler pipe on it and shut my hood correctly at this position. Is it okay to just rotate that housing, in theory it works fine because it is just the angle of the housing. If it does work, is it better to point it directly down or angled back toward the valve cover?

(using a FMIC)

Yes you can clock the housing anyway you want.. There should be some bolts or a vband clamp depending on turbo that you can loosen and then move the housing to where you need it..

yeah there bolts are right to the left of the housing.

do you think directly down would be the best to run piping to my FMIC?

yea down would be the easiest way.. what turbo and front mount are you using?

i'm using a t3/t4 hybrid, and a noname intercooler.
it'll be good for low boost, since i dont have a built bottom end.
if i upgrade later, i'll upgrade the turbo and intercooler later

Yeah you can just loosen up the bolts (either on the hot or cold side) to "clock" the turbo any way you want. I'll agree the easiest way is down in front of the middle of the radiator.

your going to want to keep the cartridge face up as in oil feed facing upward and the drain obviously aiming down... the easiest way is get the turbo where your gonna want it in the car and if possible rotate the compressor housing to where you want it and tighten it back up but you might not be able to reach all the bolts

yeah i know to keep all the oil componets on top, i just wanted to make sure i could rotate the housing.
thanks for the help and good info guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back