The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Titanium Pearl Paint.....Mmmmm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMKevan

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2004
Clarkston, Michigan
What do you think about using this "titanium pearl" paint on a 1gb? I think it would look great if you "blacked out" the headlights and added in some black grill mesh. I was originally intending to paint my car silver, but this looks like a great subsitute.

http://www.motors.gr/images/mitsuevo0402041.jpg

http://www.xtreme-uk.net/images/databank/137and99.jpg

I love how its light in sunlight, but it darkens a lot more when not exposed to light. Could anyone use photoshop to see what it looks like on a 1gb?

Yay or Nay?

I like it a lot too, but would it suit a 1gb well? Its going to have stock wheels, so it will look weird....and the body donor is off of a non turbo 1992. Would it still look good? :confused:

thas beautiful, and i think it would look nice on a 1 or 2 g.
also a lot better on rims than gunmetal

but then again I am real partial to titanium...

Is this the same paint that was used on the final edition of the RX-7's (Spirit-R, I think?)

Regardless, really nice color.

Yeah....I tihnk Im getting this paint now...Coup D'Etat replied :laugh:

Hmm what else should I do exterior-wise though? Im also adding in a evo8 FMIC and GM MAF at the same time of the conversion/repainting. Should I add some grill mesh similar to the evo8MR pic? Should I "blackout" the headlights? I have no idea.

I'm a genius

Attachments

• 29145b2.jpg
    29145b2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 960
DSMKevan said:
But where the F&*^ can I get a paint code...and how much is taht stuff gonna cost?!

http://www.mitsubishimotors.com/MMS...mID=168&DestinationServlet=Self&1090471563562

It appears they have it for other mitsu's, the name is the same but is the color? Ill have to make a trip to a mitsu dealer sometime.

That color is for the new 2005 Evo MR. Which hasnt arrived in the US yet (officially, there are a couple of test cars being spotted on roads) so the paint color and code are not in any mitsu records, online databases, etc. Wait a couple months and you could get that color more than likely.

Yeah like he said, its the new color for the Evo 8 MR. Which I think should be called the Evo 9 cause it has more differences between it and the Evo 8 then the Evo 8 has with the Evo 7 but thats just me. I guess thats why I dont work in maketing. I've been looking for a gunmetal color and I love that, it looks awesome. It should be available in a couple months, and if not, you can always get a good shop to find the jdm code for it.

Later | "B"

the new nissan altima and i think maxima have that color available. almost exactly alike, by nissan its called "smoke" i saw it on an altima and my jaw dropped. its gotta be the sleekest color ive seen.

also, i think the mazda 6 has a color similar to this, im not sure how that one looks in the light but im positive the nissan color shines like that evo.

Attachments

• csx_alt_05_35sl_k11_lg.jpg
    csx_alt_05_35sl_k11_lg.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 604
keep it mitsubishi all the way. i found out they make the eclipse in that color too, and an altima in smoke. it seems the titanium pearl is lighter, even in the shadows than the smoke color. its whatever you prefer:

Attachments

• i13650_1.jpg
    i13650_1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 558
  • i4C173458_1.jpg
    i4C173458_1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 544
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back