The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Supposedly a JAM rebuilt 0 Mile Block Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person you are accusing of being fool, is the person who deleted something not so nice i wrote about you. That being said, i hate you.
edit: i despise you for being a complete moron.

Hate me? or hate that someone deleted your harsh criticism?

1st thing: Maybe I was a bit harsh with the wording in my earlier post, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, or anyone.
But I also think you read too far into what I had stated, and you are pulling the point away from what I was meaning in that post which was...

A JAM block will be more recognizable, if it had something like their company logo on it + the number system he currently uses, because the numbers alone won't tell anyone anything unless they know where to look, and know who to call etc.

do you all not want average guys to know who did the machine work for some reason?

i do agree that posting the location of these numbers will help people in some way, but like I said above [in a lot of words] a logo and numbers is more idiot proof.

2nd thing: No I did not mean any bad things towards our moderators, and please everyone don't post any sensitive stuff on forums in general unless you don't value your security and or validity of your own stuff.

I have seen real creeps who do dishonest stuff with other peoples info, and I personally don't like it... consider yourself warned.

Oh by the way
your probably not the only one who THINKS/thought I am a moron, but everyone will have their own opinions thats just life.

So please I could care less what you think, and not know 100%.

p.s: if the alleged post was all that bad that you made, I thank you moderator, and I am now considering revising my post from foolish to bravely...

foolish... bravely, sometimes they are the same thing I guess.
but as I said before I meant nothing harmful by it.

The thing is, you cant really fix stupid, prevent it, design for it, or even try to reduce it...stupid is everywhere, and its an unstoppable force. You can add serial numbers, contact info, logos, etc, but it still wont prevent scams from happening. Heck, I just heard on the new last week that some lady in her 40s or 50s basically gave away her checking account via western union because she won the lottery and had to pay the taxes upfront.

What JAM does currently is perfectly acceptable, in my opinion.

Slightly off topic, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole debacle turned out to be positive advertising for JAM and at least generate some interest. Having people trying to pass products off as yours is definitely a sign that you're doing something right. :thumb:

Slightly off topic, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole debacle turned out to be positive advertising for JAM and at least generate some interest. Having people trying to pass products off as yours is definitely a sign that you're doing something right. :thumb:

Well, as long as the OP puts in bold letters at the top of the thread explaining in fact it was NOT a JAM motor, then yes, this is awesome advertising for a already well respected/liked vendor. Good point.
Just dont want google searches to pop up and the potential customer just get to the pics of the block before he reads the full story.

When buying an used motor I would also check the ViN stamped on it in order to avoid ending up with a stolen one. I would not be surprised if that went in Jackson's records as well...

The issue lies with the fact that Chris said that the seller provided him with "compelling" evidence. If this were a simple mix-up (as I said I hoped was the case) then it would have been taken care of by the seller almost immediately and with no mention of compelling evidence in a PM to Chris. For the seller to make this claim and then never substantiate it speaks volumes. My main reason for replying to the thread in the first place was to make sure our name isn't attached to the crummy work shown in the photos.
Never said I received compelling evidence. I received a compelling reply from the guy with a lot of information that would make the average person curious to learn more and ask more questions. He's sent me a lot of information to digest, not that I can really do much with it or confirm anything that has been said on either side. And this is why I make it clear that we don't get involved in transaction disputes. Absolutely no way for me or the mods to confirm what was said, what was expected, and what was agreed upon. The buyers and sellers can have their say in the feedback system (not the forums) and everyone can make up their minds whether or not they still want to risk doing business with them.

I'll be completely honest, this thread never should have been posted and I don't like leaving it open. Now that accusations and challenges have been posted against one side from two parties I have little choice but to leave this open to be fair and give all sides a say. And I'd be criticized for deleting it, which would be seen as protecting the accused. There are strong allegations here, and it appears someone is not telling the truth.

I don't plan to ban anyone over this, especially since I cannot verify anything on either side and be 100% certain. The only time we've banned someone over transactions was when a few members received several bad ratings from different people. If multiple people are having the same problem with a buyer/seller, chances are good that something is amiss, and in some situations that's all the confirmation you need. I can't remember ever banning someone over one transaction though, and I can't say I would ever want to do that.

As far as I see it, the accused should be given a chance to have his say when his name is being destroyed like this - hope that happens today - and then everyone can make up their own minds about the situation. He hasn't received any bad feedback before this, so inferring that he preys on noobs as I've seen suggested earlier in this thread seems unwarranted. And this is why I don't like it when the forums are used for these situations. I can't defend him, as I don't know him. But I will go back through the thread and remove his full name wherever it was posted as I usually do when I come across these types of threads.

Here's a photo of the block with no marking where it's supposed to be as requested by Gofer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 201
Locking this thread as both sides have had ample time to make their case. This should have been handled strictly through the Buyer/Seller feedback tool here on the site, not the forums. If anyone comes across a thread like this in the future, please report it so it can be locked right away and we can point people to the correct area to post their issues with a transaction. I hope both sides will take a moment to still use the Buyer/Seller feedback tool to give their sides of the story so that the community can judge for themselves who is telling the truth, as we will likely delete this thread so as to not give other members the idea that these types of threads are allowed. And if you have something to say about a vendor, since one was involved here, the correct outlet for that is the Vendor Reviews section here on the site.

Please voice your complaints about another user or another vendor in the appropriate places. Starting a thread to do so is frowned upon because it gets buried instead of being documented all in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back