The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

rear vented disc thickness, early 95 awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defiant said:
Somewhere, there's a story about how it happened. It's a story, so I don't know the truth in it, but it had something to do with sharing parts off the Stealth/3000GT product line, and I forget if it was just a mistake or an upgrade that wound up not being needed. But of course, you can never find this stuff when you need it.

I don't know about sharing parts off of the stealth or 3Kgt but I do know when I bought mine at Dodge the guy said they fit a 96 Avenger V6. The calipers, pads, and rotors all matched. So if anyone is having trouble finding the correct vented rears for a DSM try that application. I also believe the dates for vented rears was like 4/94 to 11/94 or there about.

Rich :dsm:
VIVIDRACING

marcmsj said:
there's a rotor under there? all i see is rust WTF

Its unfortunate that the only value you see of this post is a rusty rotor, and even more so to think that it will stay that way, as I said this is the assy I purchased for my Avenger project and will be treated to a complete tear down and reassembly as well as powder coated along with a new set of cross drilled slotted VENTED rotors. The point of my posting this was to help educate those who are interested in learning and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. So if your expecting shiny new pictures of everything you may want to skip my posts, as I assure you they will not all be shiny and new pictures.....and thats WTF it is!

XdsmdemonXRS said:
plus my friend(who posted the picture on this thread), can get factory parts anytime he wants from Chrysler(talon) such as the bracket and calipers(and ye athey might be pricey...)....and im sure he could get rotors too if need be... :dsm: :talon: :laser:

so could anyone else who walked into the parts deparment of the dealer...

HighPsi92GST said:
so could anyone else who walked into the parts deparment of the dealer...

True, but when you know the internet parts manager, i think the price you pay to the one i pay :sneaky: ....will be much much different :thumb: :dsm: :talon: :laser:

anyone know what the MIN (limit) rear vented disc/rotor thickness is for an early 95 awd?
thanks!
(disc is much thicker than for later models (solid rears) which i believe are only 10mm new)

Although the factory 1995 Talon manual doesn't mention the anomalous vented rears, they do call out a limit of 8.4mm (.33in) for FWD, and 18.4mm (.0031in [duh, typo]) for the AWD rears. It should be cast into the hub of the disk.
Some (well, one) will tell you machining disks is a waste. If it's to correct warp, they'll just warp again, and if it's to "repair" the friction surface, it's not needed. However, this is only the Real World talking, and not years of factory and industy training (both of whom make money from turning brake disks).
Also, rear brakes on the pitifully hammer-headed chassis of the DSMs are mostly just along for the ride.

I just recently purchased a set of powerslot rotors for the rear of my early 95 awd talon. I had the same problem. The new powerslot rotors were only 10.25 solid discs and my factory discs are 11.25. After a few days of phone calls back and forth i received good news. Powerslot does not make a replacement rotor for the 11.25 vented rear discs. But a company they deal with does. The website is Centric Products Page

Im in the middle of changing my brakes and i cant find the rear stock vented rotors for my car a 95 awd talon early 95. I keep getting the solid rears and every auto place tells me they dont exsist. Does anyone have a part number or something they did if you have the same problem as me? I'm getting frustrated with this and cant understand why the auto parts store cant get them, and when i look online i only find solid rear. anyone help I get I want to thank in advance

I know your probably looking for the stock rotors and stock price but RRE has them in slotted. Maybe you can give them a call and they might have some stock ones lying around.
RRE's Eclipse Brake Upgrades

:dsm:

I also found this for you from JNZ Tuning: JNZ Tuning Online- OEM Mitsubishi Parts

Look at the one that says 1995 only. It's listed for $73.63.

:dsm:

I can vouch for JNZ Tuning. If Mitsu still stocks it or makes it, they can get it, and at a very good price. 98GSXExtreme07 is right on.

I was looking into the same thing for my 4/94 95gsx. The kits come with adapter brackets for the calipers. I figured if they wouldn't work as is the adapter bracket could always be redesigned and made custom to fit. They would only be .125 closer to the stock location of the caliper.

Power Slot Plus Big Brake Kits

Front Part # 29-561
Rear Part # 29-630
OE Rotor Size 10.83" F / 10.31" R
PS Plus Rotor Size 12.5" F / 11.5" R

Power Slot Plus Big Brake Kit

Also Bonehead Performance has them on ebay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back