The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Show me your before and after!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found this in a repo' yard with the dipstick missing, oil all over the engine, bumper literally hanging on with bailing wire, mismatch rims and tires (on a GSX!), etc, etc. Bought for $750
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1 year and $8k+ later
this is right from the paint shop, has the clear side-markers installed now:

Last edited by a moderator:
eewww this my gsx how it look when i first got it on dec 2010
and the blue engine bay is when it look when i got in dec 2010

and the last two pics is what looks now 07/05/2012

Attachments

• 3n03mf3l15Y25Q05W5b5433cb164f5cc6198c1836619421.jpg
    3n03mf3l15Y25Q05W5b5433cb164f5cc6198c1836619421.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 598
  • IMAG00941990318122.jpg
    IMAG00941990318122.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 75
  • imagejpeg_2_17-1846393500.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_17-1846393500.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2012-03-24_00-33-32744426207.jpg
    2012-03-24_00-33-32744426207.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0210-465160273.jpg
    IMAG0210-465160273.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG2341-1-1-1730947525.jpg
    IMAG2341-1-1-1730947525.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG2355-1-1199502025.jpg
    IMAG2355-1-1199502025.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 62
I think I might have everyone beat with the before and after of the engine bay. LOL

Before.

Most recent. Still need to fix up some things. Ordering a Punishment FMIC soon. But helluva difference so far.

i might have you bet on that engine bay mine my pistons have a valve head and bents in them but otherwise looks similar, my head was on the passengers side floor and all the gears and pulling in the trunk

Before:

After:

Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

So what do I win..Hmmm, wheres this freakin LOLipop btw..

Doesn't matter.I think it does sir..I think it does.

Although if you get rid of a 98 talon...I'm gonna shit bricks.

Before:

After:

Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

Where the hell did you get the vinal wrap that wide?

I did my ps3 with the cf vinal..It's freaking sweet.

3M Di-Noc. About $100 for enough to do a hood.

This is just a couple shots of some of the setups the current car has seen. Originally picked it up as a roller shell. Then stock rebuild on a 14b. Then built another motor. Then cammed. Then S16G. Then S200sx 59/74. Then a mystery 62mm Garrett (China Knockoff?) Then bigger cams GT4088 and finally the HX52Pro with GSC S3's, which is in progress still.

Hoping this new setup will keep my attention for a while.

BEFORE

AFTER

There has been A LOT of changes between these two pictures, to include a body kit, a couple engines, and a few paint jobs before settling on this final look.

BEFORE

AFTER

There has been A LOT of changes between these two pictures, to include a body kit, a couple engines, and a few paint jobs before settling on this final look.
a couple engines LOL?

Ebay...I measured the hood and figured out I could manage covering it with a 5ftx5ft (60in x 60in) piece of vinyl. I found a seller on ebay and for a price of $30 I took the risk, knowing that if it didn't work out, I would be out only $30 instead of buying a $400+ CF hood.

The seller emailed me and told me he sent me a 60in x 84in roll just because. All I got to say is that those $30 made a BIG difference in the appearance of my DSM.

3M Di-Noc. About $100 for enough to do a hood.

Actually is was $30 shipped!

Ebay...I measured the hood and figured out I could manage covering it with a 5ftx5ft (60in x 60in) piece of vinyl. I found a seller on ebay and for a price of $30 I took the risk, knowing that if it didn't work out, I would be out only $30 instead of buying a $400+ CF hood.

The seller emailed me and told me he sent me a 60in x 84in roll just because. All I got to say is that those $30 made a BIG difference in the appearance of my DSM.

I need to find this seller!

I got a roll of it on ebay too.99 cents, plus 4 shipping.

Not sure how wide or long yet.

Man i love seeing all these restorations!

Nice mildly moded dsms and well taken care off too! We need to keep these cars out of the junk yard!

Keep restoring them and just enjoy them and don't get way over your heads. I believe that's the key to "my project car" success. You don't have to go out there and spend a ton of money on useless stuff that don't matter to get your car running.

some of these cars looked really neglected in the beginning and after i see that "after shots" i was shocked.
:thumb:

Man i love seeing all these restorations!

Nice mildly moded dsms and well taken care off too! We need to keep these cars out of the junk yard!

Keep restoring them and just enjoy them and don't get way over your heads. I believe that's the key to "my project car" success. You don't have to go out there and spend a ton of money on useless stuff that don't matter to get your car running.

some of these cars looked really neglected in the beginning and after i see that "after shots" i was shocked. :sneaky:
:thumb:

But if there are no DSMs in the junk yards, where would some of us buy stock parts to keep our cars out of the junk yard? Lol

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back