The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

rebuild and want local parts and help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't forget to pull the front axles also.. I will help you pull it if you need me to. I just pulled mine about 2 weeks ago..

>> Front axles are absolutely cake to remove and install.

They are but my castle nuts were so tight that I broke my breaker bar trying to get them off..

Hahahah. That blows. I have one hell of a breaker bar. If it ever breaks, the hulk better be the one who does it.

Just grab yourself an impact gun and you'll never have the issue again. ;D

what sux, is i have to change my brakes and rotors because they are so rusted, just to get it to the shop. all the air tools and impact are their!

so apparently my order through cimotorsports has my magnus intake manifold gasket and my 38mm eternal wg flange on backorder........... all my other parts are supposedly shipped, but holy cow they are slow at getting you things you order. it's been 2 weeks and i still haven't even got a tracking #

i have baught some heat changing paint. i am planning on using it on my 1g intake mani, so i can tell when it's heat soaked. i also plan on doing some valve covers in it, with hidden graphics and signitures, that won't show up till the car is on and heats up!!!! i have a million ideas on how to manipulate this into something awsome!

The NGKBPR8ES are 2 stages colder, I would suggest 7's as 6's are stock for our cars.

clarksville ehhh.... your close.
any experience in tunning? i'm gona have to relearn everything it's been 3 years.

My tuning experience is minimal. The only thing I have been able to do so far is get the idle and cruise tune set for the most part. My car is in the shop so I have not been able to WOT tune. Hopefully it will be out the end of this week. :( Then I get to install my slim fans, tubular o2 w/dump FP intake and a VRSF intercooler to get rid of this pieced together one I have now LOL. I would be willing to help with what I can once I get my car out. I also have a set of Topline revised lifters, used but good condition if you are interested.

buy my DSM for 2k and you will have EVERYTHING you will need for your rebuild.

you should have told me soner, and i would have................. seriously......
but i've already built a 6 bolt engine. and have all the performance parts to go along with it, and ###### have around $3000 invested thus far, not counting the $800 i got scammed out of.

My tuning experience is minimal. The only thing I have been able to do so far is get the idle and cruise tune set for the most part. My car is in the shop so I have not been able to WOT tune. Hopefully it will be out the end of this week. :( Then I get to install my slim fans, tubular o2 w/dump FP intake and a VRSF intercooler to get rid of this pieced together one I have now LOL. I would be willing to help with what I can once I get my car out. I also have a set of Topline revised lifters, used but good condition if you are interested.

well maybe I could help you tune then. :D
I had gotten mine where i was pushing 320 whp and getting around 22mpg with my old 16g setup... then i blew it up when i moved a hose and forgot to turn down the boost. thus the reason for an external wastegate this time.

Yea man, I may take you up on the tuning help offer and in return help ya out with your car. I have had multiple hand surgeries but I can do little things and grab tools like none other :applause: LOL. I have read up on WOT tuning but it is still a little foggy. I should have my Fuel Labs AFPR, VRSF FMIC, Tubular o2, Gauges and a few misc items waiting here for when I get my car back.

Both of you guys should just get a 99 PCM and get get them flashed by someone who writes tunes.. Mellon tuning is a god one but you would have to travel to memphis.. It is well worth it though..

That does sound like a good idea...my issue with that is I do not want to travel just to get my car tuned every time I get a part. I am willing to travel for some dyno time though. I also have ECMLink v3 w/eprom already so it is a moot point for me. On top of that, I want to learn to do stuff myself and be self sufficient.

Kyle

Being that you are not AWD you wouldn't have to go far to get a dyno and tune. For myself I have to go to someone who street tunes and knows how to tune DSM. The dyno will tell what needs to be tuned so anyone with a flash tool who can read can tune you FWD. I have to get someone who will log while I am driving down the road so they can see what it does compared to a dyno because no one in TN have an AWD dyno.

Yea, I do not know of any dynos close by. The closest and most legit looking one to me is in Atlanta - Forged Performance. There is a mustang dyno in KY - Speedy Dyno...damn, I can't remember the town name but it is up by Bowling Green. But I do not know if they do FWD. I took my supercharged Mustang there and they were good people to deal with for sure.

screw paying someone when I can do it myself with my laptop. I havefriends drive how i tell them while i tune, never had any issue out of it.

heres a video of my 16g setup on my stock auto before i moved the boost controller hose closser to the tb for quicker boost and i forgot to turn the boost down and blew it up.

i had just driven from nashville and 300 miles on a 98 degree day with a complete heat soaked gsx when i maid this pull, even though it was decent the tranny wasn't shifting as fast as she could have been., this ain't nothing compared to what she's gona be
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Flnk.ms%2FFPkDf&h=3679b

she still had a few slighty rich issues, but i was slowly dialing it in.

I'm happy with my dsmlink, especially since i am on their forum and have the help of everyone in the world at any time.

:D yeah she was getting snuffed out at higher rpom's but 0-100 was prety quick

dang it! i am missing a ton of bolts to reassemble my engine........ this is verry annoying

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back