The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Radiator Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMxJB

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2009
Modesto, California
Okay so I hope this goes here. My car has had a salvage title since I bought it and the only thing that seems like it hasn't been repaired is the radiator support. It's twisted all across the top and it makes my headlights sit weird. My lights also point up I can't really see without my fogs on. I would like to fix this. Im planning on ordering a fmic soon so I want to fix this at the same time. I have a few pictures and I was wondering do I need to order the entire support? Or can I just order the top piece? The cheapest I can find the whole support is $230 shipped and I can't seem to find it in pieces. Also the black piece around my hood latch looks bent idk what it is called. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image-4142369257.jpg
    image-4142369257.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2597132794.jpg
    image-2597132794.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 102
  • image-932116342.jpg
    image-932116342.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 106
someone cut the support bar for the hood latch. Had the same problem. Had a talon donate me a new one. Dont just cut the bar for your front mount figure out a way to resecure it out of the way self drilling sheet metal screws can work wonders. Heat and bend as needed

dsmvenge said:
someone cut the support bar for the hood latch. Had the same problem. Had a talon donate me a new one. Dont just cut the bar for your front mount figure out a way to resecure it out of the way self drilling sheet metal screws can work wonders. Heat and bend as needed

Ah okay. So I'm either going to have to find one at a junkyard or pay $230 for one I guess. Well I'm getting a Vrsf front mount. I've read that I may have to do some minor cutting which I don't mind. I figured I would change the support at the same time since I'm going to have the front end apart.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back