The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Paint Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97GSTURBOA

Probationary Member
Nov 6, 2007
Newberg, Oregon
Are decent paint jobs 3-4k? Friends we're telling me thats about the cost of a decent job. I have a silver Gst 97. It has a bunch of scrapes and brush marks. Would it look really silly if i got it repainted Glosss black cause the inside of the doors will still be grey along with the engine bay. Or should i just get it repainted silver. I wish i could do a poll and see what color dsmers like best or what looks best on 2g eclipses, thanks

3-4k for a paint job better be including the jams at least.

I would re-paint it close to the original colors if you dont paint engine bay or door jams at least. Nothing in the world looks dumber than a car with a nice paint job with a different color engine bay and door jams.

Changing colors alone usually adds to the cost. It's easier to re-spray something the same color and make it look good.

Gloss black would make it more as well, its easier to make mistakes with black.

There are places like maaco and earl scheib that do paint jobs for cheap. But it is not as good quality wise. I have a earl scheib paint job and it isnt too bad but it does have some flaws, but for $450 bucks and a 6 year warranty I cant complain.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back