The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G P1104 - BCS Question/Concern

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler’s_DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2018
Elwood, Indiana
Okay so I’ve got a 98 Eclipse GS-T. Just got it back up and running with a fresh t25 turbo. I’ve had a p1104 issue prior to this new install. I’ve had old turbo apart for so long after rebuilding myself but forgot to mark to keep it balanced. Long story short easier just to get a new turbo.

Finally got everything put in including a brand new OEM BCS (Wastegate solenoid as Mitsubishi states). I routed vacuum lines as such. The line with clamp assuming is needed for a higher pressure on line is on the barbed plastic line on solenoid. Other hose is connected to the smooth line. Now I will make sure connector is snug and no damage to wires.

But as I saw as I replaced with new BCS everything looked okay. Is there any other cause or common issues for these codes. I do not have a MBC. Will those code cause any issues. I’ve test drove car a couple times since install and turbo feels like it boosts. Haven’t gotten on it yet to really get a feel for it. I doubt my front O2 sensor code doesn’t affect with this (P0135). Also to be sure I routed coolant lines for turbo correct; front banjo bolt and hardline (at front of bay) routed under and behind compressor side and rubber hose to downward elbow hardline that runs under the water pipe & back banjo line runs to rubber hose and runs to the barbed 90 degree elbow off of water pipe under thermostat housing.

Will this code potentially cause an issues for my new turbo, whole reason why making this post? Just don’t want to waste a $800 turbo haha.

a code for the boost control solenoid is only active if the boost control solenoid isn't plugged in or if there is a fault in the solenoid voltage.

the factory ecu does not monitor boost levels, it only measures air intake flow from the mass air flow sensor

so if the bcs is brand new, then there is a problem with the wiring to the bcs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back