The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil Pick up help **Pic**

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jls_frog

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 15, 2011
plano, Texas
I am rebuilding my 6 Bolt and the oil pickup the engine came with was full of metal flakes so i got a new one but they are different, The old one looks like it goes a little lower can i use the one on the right or do i need to keep the other one?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well I searched for pictures and even the 6 bolt look like the one on the right and all of the new ones i found say 90-99 like this one

EXTREME PSI : Your #1 Source for In Stock Performance Parts

I guess i need to know if anyone with a 6 bolt used the one on the right.

Did you read what i typed. The one on the right IS FOR A 6 BOLT. The one on the left is for a 7 bolt. If you look at the link you posted there is an option to select what year you need the pickup for.

The left one looks just like my 7-bolt pick up. The one on the right I've never seen. Even the 6-bolt I had last year looked like the one on the left. Is it possible for the one on the right to be for the 420A engine maybe?

Got it Thanks, The one on the left came out of the 6 bolt i bought and rebuilt. I just wanted to make sure before i put the other one in it.

The left one looks just like my 7-bolt pick up. The one on the right I've never seen. Even the 6-bolt I had last year looked like the one on the left. Is it possible for the one on the right to be for the 420A engine maybe?

No, as i have already said multiple times the one on the right is for a 6 bolt. It is pretty clear from looking at it. The 6 bolt pickup uses a brace that bolts to the main cap bolt, the 7 bolts don't have that. If your 6 bolt had the other pickup in it than someone put that one in there and it is the wrong one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back