The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Night 7 - Almost There

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knochgoon24

DSM Wiseman
Jan 29, 2008
Troy, Michigan
I'm calling it quits early tonight. I got the timing set, the splash guards back on, the oil pressure sender mounted and all the wiring done.

I also got the broken bolt drilled out of the turbine housing and put a new helicoil in. I ran a tap down the other 3 to clean up the threads.

Tomorrow, all I should need to do is to bolt the valve cover down, bolt the exhaust manifold on, fill up the fluids, and try to fire it up. :hellyeah:

I need to get a few turbo to manifold bolts though. One was broken, one has missing threads, and the other two are in bad shape also.

It's almost ready to run. :D

(Camera battery died, so no pictures. I'll get some tomorrow.)

Spring break was last week. I was supposed to work Saturday and Sunday but had to call off because I didn't finish in time. I still didn't finish over the weekend and skipped classes Monday. I don't have any classes Tuesday (today). I'm in college and don't have a garage to work in out there. I'm stuck working in a parking lot and the landlord frowns on that. I can really only mess with electrical things in the parking lot. I had some spare money and it was either go on spring break or put the money into my car. You see which idea won. I'm trying to prep it for some better Autox times this spring. I hope to break into the 12s once I get it to the drag strip too.

I'll post the Night 8 update tomorrow morning. I need sleep now. I'm still home and I have to take my brother to the dentist at 8:30am (yay 3 hours of sleep).

I'm starting to get angry at my car. I got it all back together so I could try and start it, and I had an o-ring leak on the water pipe and a fuel leak from an injector o-ring. I also need to get a new turbo-manifold gasket (old SS one was shattered?!?) and 2 new turbo-manifold bolts because 1 snapped off and another is bent.

Good news, the car didn't catch fire when the battery was connected and it does crank over. I just need to fix the leaks before I start it.

Like I said, full update with pictures tomorrow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back