The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Need Help Choosing a 14b

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM BLUE TURBO

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 27, 2002
Bay_Area_CA
I'm going to be getting a 14b soon...very very very soon. Problem is they guy has a lot of 14b's laying around and he doesn't know which ones are good. What do I look for, and how can I tell if it's a good turbo or not?

yup he nailed it.. really look good at the wastegate port alot of cracks take place there due to heat ect..

Make sure you take it apart, and look at where the wastegate flapper is, if there is a crack there, it won't hold the boost.

I had that problem, this guy sold me a 14b, when I got there to pick it up, I told him I wanted to open it up, no problem.
When I opened it it was cracked, you have to be carefull, the outside could look good, but the inside could be cracked.

ya thats wat sucks bout having old turbos u dont kno if its cracked internally

see if you can get the good parts out of several of them to make one good one. That is if you can't find one good one to start with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back