The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Mod friendly INSPECTION (not emission) shops in Northern VA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewraith

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
Washington, D.C.
Hi guys,

Former DSM "bro" here.

I have a catalytic on my '97 Supra with a single turbo, and I do not need emissions, but I do need inspection. I had a hell of a time getting my inspection done last time just because the shops would look under the hood and say they didn't want to risk giving me an inspection, even thou I would point out it's not emissions and I had a catalytic.

Can anyone please point me to a shop that is Supra friendly and would give me an inspection without the hassle. I do not need emissions, just a state inspection.

thanks!

I'm also super frustrated with finding a amateur race friendly mechanic or repair shop in the area (I'm in Arlington) but I'd go anywhere in the DC area.

The shop I took my GST (Daily driver) to said they couldn't do an emissions because they had an above ground dyno and my car was too low.
Any good shop would just use boards :banghead:

I need to give tires mounted and to take my GSX to get an alignment before the autocross season starts in two weeks and I'm very concerned I'm going to get shafted by any "regular tire/alignment" place.

Sorry I can't give you an answer.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back