The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

In search of a clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95gst_sweetie

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2009
lawndale, North_Carolina
Well im in need of a clutch finally got my shep stage 2 trans. All I need is a new clutch, the clutch I was using was centerforce dual friction it worked great, but im thinking with the new trans and slicks the cf want be able to hold it....This is my dd also so I would need it to hold good on the track and be street friendly anyone have any suggestions? I really dont want a heavy pressure plate as I am still on stock 7 bolt bottom end...Mods are: FIC 1150s, 255fp, dejon intake, arp head studs, mls gasket, dsm link, frank level 5 20g, e85, 26 psi, shep trans.....Help me find the right clutch thanks alot any input would be appreciated.......:)

Considering your level of expected performance out of that setup, I recommend a sprung hub clutchnet puck clutch with a 2600 type pressure plate.

If you were going with a turbo in the 520+whp range, I would recommend a kevlar disk with the same type of PP. A little more forgiving. "Your clutch is a fuse. Use it."

Talk to member twicks69 about your setup and purpose.

ACT2600 would be the clutch for you my friend.. They are AMAZING

Thanks for all the replies.....Two reason I was steering away from the act2600 was the fact im still on stock bottom end.... The other is, this is my dd also.... How bad is the pedal pressure with the act? I have never driven one with a act clutch... Is it really that harmful to the thrust bearing?

the ACT 2600 will hold up for what you want...i actually took mine off for a lighter pp with a 6 puck sprung disk since i'll only be making 400hp at the most...the act 2600 with solid street disk might be what you're looking for, i have my set but its for a 6 bolt awd.
the 2600 isn't too bad on the left foot but you will need to replace the throwout bearing and maybe put a shim behind your pivot ball to keep it working longer

I have also heard good things from the southbend clutches...Anyone have any experience with the south bend pp and the tz disk? I know the tz disk is good, but how does the pp match up against others?

That's why I recommended talking to member twicks69 :). He is Tim Zimmer, with whom the T(im)Z(immer) series southbend clutches first experimented/refined. He's been making some big power with his 2g car for a while now. He will steer your right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back