The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

gauges not working!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostmaster123

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 16, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
i just installed autometer mechanical boost and Egt gauges and electronic oil pressure gauges. my problem is that after i installed the three gauges the only thing that works is the lighting. when im driving the egt doesnt move from 500degrees F and the oil pressure gauge only moves a little bit when i get on it. do i need to ground the gauges to the engine? i grounded them to a piece of steering metal under the dash and i tapped them into the 12v head light wire. also i did not install the boost gauge yet and it reads vaccum pressure, do i want to "T" into the hose going from the intake to the FPS or somewhere else?
any help would be much appreciated.

thank you
Mike

I would ground the guages somewhere other than under the steering column. A good place to ground them is the metal around the kick panel. That's where I have my guages grounded too they work fine. Specifcially the driver's side kick panel near the fuse box on a 1g. The headlight wire for the guage lights is a good idea. A better idea is to wire them into the dimmer wire behind the stereo. Then the guages dim when you dim the other dash lights. The only reason I say the stereo is because it's easier to get to. As for where to plug in the hose for the vaccum pressure, I have no idea. Somebody else will have to help you with that one.

I hope this helps.

that helps more than you would think. i will give it a try and see how it works. i want my gauges to work without having my lights on. does having them tapped into the dimmer let me do that?

The guage lighting should be tapped into the dimmer. If there is any other power going to your guages, then hook it on one of your yellow ignition wires under the steering column. If you wire any power required by your guages to the headlights, then they will only work when your headlights are on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back