The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G fuel cap cover broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhi_boyd

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2016
Olathe, Kansas
hey folks,
the little pin that pokes out to keep my fuel cap cover closed is busted. After taking a look at it for a little bit I don't really know how to take it off and replace it, if that's even possible. I was wondering if anybody might have any idea about how to go about fixing it.

hey folks,
the little pin that pokes out to keep my fuel cap cover closed is busted. After taking a look at it for a little bit I don't really know how to take it off and replace it, if that's even possible. I was wondering if anybody might have any idea about how to go about fixing it.

yeah sorry bout that
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When mine broke I had to buy a new OE one from Mitsubishi. You get to it from inside the trunk under the interior panel.

Not much. They're pretty inexpensive. See 2gmitsueclipse above. He did all the work for you all.

Been there... raided a junkyard for spares.

That whole piece comes out; it is held in by two built in and opposing retaining clips. With enough convincing (wedge/screwdriver), it will pull straight out through the gas filler area. The cable latch is like your throttle body cable -- get enough slack, twist the piece around to align the cable with the groove above the white paint mark and it will slide right out. Helpful hint: don't let go of that cable if you don't want to tear apart your interior trying to find it again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back