The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Ecm link

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1bad4g

10+ Year Contributor
May 2, 2010
baltimore, Kentucky
how well does it work and how hard/easy to tune with.in an automatic tsi?
would love some first hand info. from link users. in automatic pump 93 cars.

thanxs for your time.

The videos should help.. ECMTuning, Inc.

You have a 91 auto...BRING ME THE CAR!!!!
it fell in my lap...got it for 400$ not running...1000$ in new parts...and i have had 15,000 trouble free miles so far...knock on wood.:pray:

i believe i have watched/read the link before..just wondering, if i should tune the car buy just stomping it from a stop.(while logging)..or roll in to the power at speed?

thanx

it fell in my lap...got it for 400$ not running...1000$ in new parts...and i have had 15,000 trouble free miles so far...knock on wood.:pray:

i believe i have watched/read the link before..just wondering, if i should tune the car buy just stomping it from a stop.(while logging)..or roll in to the power at speed?

thanx

Have you ever tuned? Or ran a car on the dyno? Yes you will want to do full throttle pulls, but 3rd gear is where its at. Start in first, shift normally, when your in 3rd get ready and put your foot down, But your also going to want to tune your cruising, idle, etc. If you have never tuned, I wouldn't attempt it till you feel 100% comfortable. One wrong thing and your car can grenade faster then you know it.

Jared

After the long amount of time I've had Link, I'm STILL working on getting a proper idle and cruise tune going to the point where I'm completly satisfied with the tune.

At the very least you should be able to lean out the fuel a couple notches from the start just to help gas mileage but don't really mess with anything until you have an understanding which you do not.

Just read up on the wiki for a good month until things start sinking in.

After the long amount of time I've had Link, I'm STILL working on getting a proper idle and cruise tune going to the point where I'm completly satisfied with the tune.

At the very least you should be able to lean out the fuel a couple notches from the start just to help gas mileage but don't really mess with anything until you have an understanding which you do not.

My Point Proven. Thank You.

Jared

It nice to know not everyone just says its Link get cause you can do it cause its link some many people preach about All different tuning platforms an fail to address the fact that even if the system you use has a Nice GUI that you still have to have a complete Understanding of what is going on an what you need to do...

It nice to know not everyone just says its Link get cause you can do it cause its link some many people preach about All different tuning platforms an fail to address the fact that even if the system you use has a Nice GUI that you still have to have a complete Understanding of what is going on an what you need to do...

Ya. I went to School for tuning, and I can tune well in my opinion. But I am nowhere close to some tuners out there. Theres a lot to learn. Don't think its just a piece of cake, thats when bad stuff happens.

Jared

Have you ever tuned? Or ran a car on the dyno? Yes you will want to do full throttle pulls, but 3rd gear is where its at. Start in first, shift normally, when your in 3rd get ready and put your foot down, But your also going to want to tune your cruising, idle, etc. If you have never tuned, I wouldn't attempt it till you feel 100% comfortable. One wrong thing and your car can grenade faster then you know it.

Jared
yes in my five speed talon.this one is an auto..if i stomp it at higher speeds it will kick down a gear... if i max this car out in 3rd. i would be way over 100mph...not to cool in the streets...iam not the best tuner. but i have the basics down.. i got link, mostly for the abillity to get this pig moving..honestly its a slug till 2,800 then it gets going desent..not the fastest. but thats changing.

i promise to not tamper to much with the tune..till i get a pro to tune it up nice..anybody got a sugestion around baltimore?

i think i want brad brooks tune it...he tuned that beast red talon..that made over 1000hp.

I've got CASH...ROFL
sorry man..not for sale at the moument.. iam starting to realy like the auto.. ive read,the trannys are stout.. i love constant on boost feeling..so differant from the 5 speed. it never goes in to vac. the entire rev. 1st-3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
ECMLINK IS YOUR BEST BET! BEST BANG FOR BUCK! VERY USER FRIENDLY! Once you purchase, you will be given a username and password to ecmtuning.com's forums, and everything is already answered there... and if nobody can help you, contact Thomas Dorris directly for a quick and accurate responce from the guru himself!!!! It may seem intimidating at first, so watch the videos.. then go to forums... then do your best to avoid speeding tickets! Happy new year all! Pm me with any questions, i love to help!

Why the excited yelling??? Ha. He has link already. He was just wanting some basic tunning advice. But it basically was already stated. Not much to do but just read and ask questions on the forums like stated above.

Link is a fantastic product, 99.x% of the issues we (meaning myself as well) have with it are user error or an issue or quirk with your particular setup.

I know that is not a popular sentiment, but it is true.

Having idle and cruise issues? I would blame your injectors and old ass injector wiring first.

See if Tom will let you send in your injectors to put up on their test bench. Last year I sent my FIC 1450s in and it turned out they were not well matched as a set with (in spite of how well Jens @ FIC is with that typically)

The individual deadtime settings helped with this tremendously.

It's easy to blame the tuning device, when typically its the user or something mechanical/electrical to blame.

I was extremely frustrated, but in the end after a couple months on that setup and lots of swearing I got it resolved.

This could've happened on AEM/Haltech/MS/MoTeC et al. But good luck getting the support and depth of knowledge on our platforms from them that you do with Tom and Dave @ ECMTuning.

There really is very little reason to go elsewhere, its not just hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back