The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Creating a monster....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i agree he should fill out the profile, but its not his car. nor mine. he drives a soon to be turbo ls/vtec gen2 integra, and i drive a gsr swapped hatch. But.. nevertheless he refers to it as his own car in other threads SO....

fill that shit out kyle...

A good read. As with any DSM it seems that they will always go overtime and overbudget. I wish there were a dozen more buildups like this one. I have high hopes this summer of at least starting a buildup on an AWD running a 3575. If everything plays out right to get started, I'll make a thread as well.

My monster is almost done and should be brought to life inside of a week!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

All mods in sig are going in at same time.Should be pretty wicked fast I would think.:D

Update:

The good:
She's got over 3000 miles on er now with no signs of failure!!! We'll be switching to synthetic oil very soon. As far as the tuning goes, I havn't had a lot of time to work on it, but lately I've been getting it a lot closer to where it needs to be. Airflow is still too high above 1200hz even with dsmlink all the way down at that point and above, so I need to turn down the maft some more.

The bad:
About a week ago I had to pull the turbo to change the turbo to manifold gasket that blew due to the crappy nuts I used the hold the two together. While the turbo was out I checked the shaft play....it was terrible. It moved up, down and in, out a LOT. To the point where if I pushed on it hard enough it rubbed on something on the inside. It wasnt till this week where that rubbing could be heard while the turbo spools up. This sucks because the turbo has less than 4k on it, but if I do recall correctly it did have a very small amount of shaft play even at 0 miles. This I assumed was normal, but I have since been informed is not. This was the turbo that came with the car however long ago, so I'm sure there is no chance of a repair thats covered under warranty. The turbo does still boost to 18lbs no problem, but it obviously needs to be fixed/replaced. The owner wants to get a better one now (wish I had money to throw around like him, LOL) so I guess we'll see what happens.

Also, we keep having problems with the coolant line that we capped next to the upper radiator hose neck. The coolant keeps breaking through the rubber cap. Anyone know where we can get a better coolant line cap?

thekyguy11 said:
Also, we keep having problems with the coolant line that we capped next to the upper radiator hose neck. The coolant keeps breaking through the rubber cap. Anyone know where we can get a better coolant line cap?

I welded mine closed , otherwise maybe a piece of hose and a bolt or something its ghetto but it will hold up better than a vacuum cap

From post 169... "and we JUST found out today actually from the guys at slowboy that the flywheel isn't "stepped"? correctly, "...
Did this ever get fixed? I was just wondering if this might have been a contributing factor to having to overtighten the pressure plate bolts, or possibly that the clutch disk was wrong for the pressure plate (too thick).

So,

This car has been sitting since our last post. I thought I'd throw up an update. It has a new turb now, I forget what size was picked up. New engine, 6 bolt block/7bolt head with some JE internals? I need to get the details. The actually body of the car was abused by somebody either kicking in all the sides of the car or using a Bat on it. I'm not sure.. the body is destroyed. Somebody who lived at the house it was being kept at decided they were fed up with it in their garage and went a little nuts.

Anyways, we're back to working on it. I think we've been working on this car for about 4 years now? The engine is ready to go, just need to throw on the clutch, flywheel, tranny and we can drop it in! I'll try and get some pics and post up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back