The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Cooling fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverBoostinGST said:
Do you only need one aftermarket cooling fan when doing a fmic setup on a dsm right ? Im confusied as hell, any help would be great!

It depends on the size of your intercooler and if you have any problems or not. I'm running the stock cooling fan (trimmed for clearance), with a SBR intercooler and I've had no issue with overheating. Some people don't like the stock fan but if you can trim it and make it work, it is a very efficient fan.

If you had another fan along with the stock one, a small one should work just fine.

If your using 2 slim fans instead of the stock one, make sure you shop around and find some that will move alot of air.

The stock fan can be used with 2.5" piping, thats what I have. Just requires alot of trimming on the fan shroud. The A/C fan will not clear. If you opt for the slimline fans instead of stock, just make sure you get good ones with a high cfm rating.

The stock fans move enough air that if you can make them fit, do it. The only way you usually have trouble is if your using a j-pipe off the turbo. If you have a downward flowing turbo, you have no need for a j-pipe so you should be able to keep your stock passenger side fan (main fan).

With a big intercooler, you might need to hack the bumper, remove the condenser, or even make some ducts to flow into the radiator. I personally went with 2 10" fans from AutoZone and I don't know what the CFM was on them, but it cured my overheating problem.

It depends on the piping that you're using. If it doesn't clear the stock fans, then yes you'll have to switch to a slimline fan. I don't think the flow capabilities of the stock fans would be an issue, just pipe clearance.

I agree, stick with the stock radiator fan if at all possible. I ditched the A/C fan and put a 10" pusher slimline mounted in front of the A/C condenser blowing through the condenser and radiator(not visable when looking at the engine bay). I also managed to use my stock radiator fan with a T04E compressor cover and 2.5" piping. It can be done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back