The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Can someone take a look at my DSMLink log?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92DSMErdrick

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2004
Bethpage, New_York
Car was down for almost 2 months. Just got it back up and running and got upgraded to V3. Something is wrong and I can't grasp what it is. I changed my global to -31, 330 deadtime for my RC 1000cc's running E85. Originally I had the global around -40 but I was told it was too high and should use -31 for a starting point.

The factory 02 voltage dropping has always happened with this car. I don't understand how the Estimated A/F is peg rich yet my wideband creeps up getting leaner and my injectors are maxing out for such a low boost. I still have to calibrate the GM maf slightly more but it's not terrible. Can someone take a look at this log and try to help me out. I notice the battery voltage dips down alittle at WOT, not sure if that's a possible problem either. Fuel pressure is at 43.5psi. Thanks in advance.

Mods should be in my profile but here they are again
90 Talon TSi AWD - 6 Bolt, Manley Rods, Wiseco(9.0:1) Pistons, BS Removed, Mildly Port/Polish Head, BC 272's, BC Spring and retainers, Bronze Intake Guides, JMF SMIM, RC 1000cc's, -8an SS feed line, Bosch Intank Fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, FMIC-Huge tube/fin :(, 2.5" short route piping, GM Maf w/Ecmlink cable" turbo back exhaust, Bullseye 47-Trim(stage IV wheel), SLS 02 Housing, EVOIII ported manifold, Tial 38mm Wastegate, XACT flywheel, ACT 2600, 4 bolt rear, Tranny with some sort of LSD

Attachments

• WOT4_13.elg
    5.9 KB · Views: 81
At a quick first glance your MAFComp looks way out of whack with that giant spike at 400/500hz. Your mods list shows a MAF-T...but are you running the ECM link cable? If you are using the MAF-T and not the ECM cable, you need to set your MAF type to "Stock"; not "GM 3 in."

Have you done a BLT, checked base timing, adjusted the BISS, plug gaps, etc etc.?

Fuel looks about right. Assuming your running 37.5 base fuel pressure, I calculate global at -33 for pure E85.

Whoops, I copied and pasted my mods from my profile on the DSMLink forums. Yes I changed over to ECMLink's cable. Fuel pressure is at 43.5psi. Base timing is on the money at 5* The last time I checked for boost leaks it was good, I'm going to have check for them again. If there was boost leaks though wouldn't it be more rich up top?

I don't understand the drastic change at the 400/500hz slider, car idles around 600hz so it doesn't usually go near that area, could have been a fluke when ecmlink tried to do its maf compensation.

I'e always had issues with the ISC on this car. I have to start fresh and re adjust the BISS. The ISC position is always changing and isn't consistent. The car never likes to stay idling/running when you first start the motor cold, gotta sit there with your foot on the gas until the car warms up. FIAV bypass plate installed. I thought the new Idle clamp function in V3 would have helped that but no dice, could be because the computer has an issue controlling the ISC or it's way out of sync. Car idles ok once the car is fully warmed up though.

I was trying to get the full flow rate out of the injectors. Most injectors are rated at 43.5psi but 1g have lower fuel pressure. Since I have a bosch intake fuel pump I didn't think it would be terrible to use 43.5 for base pressure

Ok so today I did a few things on the car. I decided to pull my fuel pump out to just take a look at it. I knew I had a bosch pump b/c I looked at it 2 years ago when I first got the car. It already had a fuel pump with an -8AN line running to the fuel rail. Found out the bosch pump is an in tank 040 not a 044. I was reading that the 040 is good for 102LPH when the 044 is at like 200LPH. Maybe this is my problem up top at WOT. Pump might not be able to handle it...

I may adjust the fuel pressure down and re do my injector settings so I'm not running the pump as much

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back