The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Can anyone with help me with a swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bOOst JuNKy

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Haverstraw, New_York
So i been searching everywhere for a clean 2ga gsx. I have traveled hundreds of miles to look at pieces of shit and to be honest i'm getting real tired of making trip to go see some crap, every single car i seen either was in an accident or a complete piece. I seen about 20 cars during the past 6 years and none of them were in as good condition as my 2ga GST. I trying to see if someone in the tristate can help me swap my FWD to AWD. I already have all the parts i need for the swap. I just need to find someone that has done this swap before and knows how to do it the right way. I'm sure id be able to do the swap by myself but i would sleep better knowing that someone experienced that has done the swap before helped me out. Don't get me wrong i know a lot about these cars, i just don't trust myself cutting the holes in the trunk floor for the rear end bolts or welding the driveshaft / exhaust hangers on the car, other then that i'm sure i could complete the swap without any problems. Any input would be really appreciated.

There are several threads about this. Just do a forum search! Good luck with the swap. You are much braver than I am. :hellyeah:

My buddy did this swap. It's a huge pain in the ass and realistically there are awd cars out there. For instance I have a 95 gsx stock exterior in good condition, very clean interior mostly garage kept since the first time I owned it in 99. I purchased it back from the kid I sold it to, and it has rested in my garage ever since. I am currently completing a 6 bolt, after 3000 miles it'll be listed up on the classifieds, I'll be sure to PM you. It's red with gray interior. stock fuel system, fmic, lots of porting, balance shafts removed, egr blocked, 3 in exhaust, nothing crazy.

Im actually getting an AWD swap done on my Talon over the summer. I have all the parts and my buddy in Hughesville is gonna help me do it. So if you still dont have it done after I get mine I will help you becuase I will have some experience with it under my belt. And yes there are AWD cars out there but to get a good one you need serious cash. So the money and time you put into the swap is gonna be cheaper in the longrun and well worth it in my eyes. Plus its just one more thing that you will get to say "YOU" did. Good luck with it.:hellyeah:

I have the AWD trans, the driveshaft and the rear diff, and I have the T-Case. All I need actually is the sub frame and the mounts for the driveshaft and exhaust but I can just grab that stuff from a junkyard easy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back