The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone got clutch experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my first 420a

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2008
Milwaukie, Oregon
Anyone around milwaukie or portland area got any experience with clutches? ive recently done an entire rebuild and everything perfect except the clutch wont disengage and i cant get the car into gear while its running, ive bled it millions of times and adjusted the clutch pedal assembly and still nothing, the clutch feels so soft to? PM me if anyone wants to come by and take a look at it.

sounds like a clutch slave cylinder. easy to fix. i had to replace the clutch on my car and people say you are supposed to replace the slave cylinder every time u do the clutch. 20 dollar fix.

Check out this video for some help. It sounds like a rod adjustment issue.

youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=zPKngQ54yJs

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Washer behind the pivot ball mod and extended slave cyl rod. Replace pedal assembly with a fixed version (they wear out)

Washer behind the pivot ball mod and extended slave cyl rod. Replace pedal assembly with a fixed version (they wear out)

Would it need an extended pushrod and the washer on a factory replacement clutch?

The pedals tend to wear a bit.

The flywheel could also be stepped to the wrong height, if you had it resurfaced and not the the exact right height it could be your problem as well. If you did not have it resurface it could be your problem as well....

I had it resurfaced by Ott's friction supply i dont know what step height they re surfaced it to but now the clutch will only go in a few inches in only come back that far so now it has all this play in it where you have to move it by hand idk i have never seen anything like it before and i have no clue im honestly lost all faith in it and just done with it

I had it resurfaced by Ott's friction supply i dont know what step height they re surfaced it to but now the clutch will only go in a few inches in only come back that far so now it has all this play in it where you have to move it by hand idk i have never seen anything like it before and i have no clue im honestly lost all faith in it and just done with it

You may need to add a shim to your transmission. The way you can tell if you need to shim is on the VFAQ website. Basically you just add washers until your pressure plate can fully disengage.

And again, you did say you properly adjusted your clutch according to Jacks's transmissions youtube video correct?

Did you figure it out? Im in tigard and know the clutch system in and out, PM me for my number and I can help you diagnose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back