The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

after installed safc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95gstproject

20+ Year Contributor
May 7, 2002
south_carolina
I put in the afc thursday I set the setting to the stock turbo from rre. When I drove it on friday it drove find but when I drove it saturday it act like it didn't want to go and the check engine light came on. I also noticed that the factory boost gauge is not going anywhere but my autometer is. I can barely be on the gas and shift about 3k and the bov would release loud like if you shift about 6k but it does not smoke.

Thanks for the help.

If the factory boost gauge isn't going anywhere, it sounds like the car doesn't really know how much air is coming into the engine.

Make sure your SAFC is hooked up correctly, and nothing was left disconnected, or came loose.

-Jesse

you dont connect the white or the yellow right, i hooked the blue one to the o2 this is right

When the check engine light goes on. what error code is it? If the error code is for the MAF, check all of your connections. Did you solder the connections between the ECU an the S-AFC?

well i check all four spark plugs and they are really really black so i am going to change them this sunday and try to mess with the afc. i used connectors. when it is just running it is running rich almost all the way rich.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back