The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 ECU in 98 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobol

15+ Year Contributor
May 21, 2003
Ann Arbor, MichiganUS
I have a 98 Eclipse GST A/T. If I change my ECU to 95 GST A/T (for DSMlink), do I need to switch any wires in my harnesses?

I heard from someone that I need to switch spark plug cable, is it true?

Thank you.

From DSMLink's website :

- What does CAS inversion mean?

The '95-'96 style Cam Angle Sensor (CAS) sends out a signal that's electrically "inverted" from other DSM cam sensors (1G or '97+ style). When you put a '95 ECU into a car with a non-95 CAS, the ECU ends up swapping the firing order of the injectors. In most cases, this produces very little noticeable difference in drive quality. But we offer the option to invert the CAS signal anyway just in case. You can selectively invert this signal with the DSMLink software as you wish. You will still need to swap your spark wires, though. We can't control spark firing order in the EPROM at crank time. So even with CAS inversion, you still have to swap plug wire 1 with 2 and 3 with 4. :thumb:

Thanks Nexius.

I have another question. Are the ECU between A/T and manual transmission different? If yes, what is the serial No. for A/T? I know the ECU for FWD M/T is MD309947.

Originally posted by Cobol
Thanks Nexius.

I have another question. Are the ECU between A/T and manual transmission different? If yes, what is the serial No. for A/T? I know the ECU for FWD M/T is MD309947.

No difference, you can e-mail the people at DSMLink and they will answer all your questions super fast.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back