The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 580AWHP Eclipse GSX (Shady History?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTurboGSX

Probationary Member
Jan 5, 2024
Florida
Hey everyone,

So I've always loved these 2gs and I finally decided to buy one. After 8 months of searching (I live in Florida and finding a GSX down here was not easy) I finally found one and pulled the trigger. The previous owner said the car was built and used on the track so it's a full racing build and the exterior could use some love.

However, the bones are great and the mods list is too long to even post on here. He showed me receipts for $30k in the engine alone. Since purchasing it a few months back I've fixed some of the issues it had like the rear diff and subframe bushings that were non-existent. Now it drives and pulls great. I work at an automotive dealership so I brought the car in to take a better look and had several tech friends of mine look at it as well. Everyone was mind blown at the quality of the engine build.

Nowwwwwww, comes a question I have to anyone that can help me out. The previous owner said the owner before him was very active on this forum and documented a lot of the build. I'm wondering if anyone knows the history of this car as I'm trying to learn more about it. Or suggest to me a way I could look it up on here. The previous owner seemed a little sketchy when selling the car to me and I also contacted a tuner asking for a quote for a custom tune and once I sent him pictures of the car he said "I know that car. Sorry but I'm going to decline." For some reason he didn't even want to touch the car (he's in the Orlando area.)

I know some tuners are picky and affiliated with certain shops and they don't like touching cars that are from "rival" shops but I still wonder if there's something else going on. The car was in Virginia for like 2 years then brought down to Orlando. Let me know what you guys think. Either way, even if it does have a shady history, I got the car for a great price and it's sooooo much fun to drive. The turbo sounds are heavenly and once in boost it kicks your head all the way into the back seats LOL.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back