The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

12 seconds with a 14b and full weight 98 GSX???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why don't you just get a bigger turbo and save yourself all the hassle? Rearch is your friend as well. Get ready for some flaming.

Since your AWD, why not, guys have run lower times than high 12s on a 14B. Theres even a guy on here that ran 13.7 on the T25 at stock boost, anything is possible.

1fast97gsx said:
Why don't you just get a bigger turbo and save yourself all the hassle? Rearch is your friend as well. Get ready for some flaming.

Get ready for flaming? Your comment is more n00bish then his. Seriously, I have been on this board for awhile and I have seen you post on Nabr, I didnt think such a comment would come from you. Hassle, you dont find purcashing a larger turbo, and then having it put on and tuned correctly a hassle? You should reSearch a Websters. The 14b is a great turbo, you should do some reading about tuning. Nitrous is a great power adder if you use it correctly.

the reason i posted this is because of some research i saw how people were do so fast runs on the 14b. I am on a smaller budget now and i cant go out get the TO-4b i want yet so im lookin a for a cheeper turbo that will make some power.

91gvr4 said:
Get ready for flaming? Your comment is more n00bish then his. Seriously, I have been on this board for awhile and I have seen you post on Nabr, I didnt think such a comment would come from you. Hassle, you dont find purcashing a larger turbo, and then having it put on and tuned correctly a hassle? You should reSearch a Websters. The 14b is a great turbo, you should do some reading about tuning. Nitrous is a great power adder if you use it correctly.

Well come on man what's so impressive or so great about running 12s on a 14b? With a 50 trim and the same supporting mods without nitrous that car would be in the 11s. Its like trying to run a low 13 on a t25 when you can just slap on a 16g and turboback and do the same thing with more potential. Besides, what's impressive about doing 12s on nitrous ... 12s isn't fast anymore by todays standards, especially on the bottle.

I do apologize for the spelling error though. ;)

To answer the original question once again ... yes it is possible. Anything is possible with money. An evo went 10s on a 16g not too long ago. Is that a great time? Hell yea it is. Did you see the mod list though? It had a built motor with lots of headwork from what I remember. The same could have been done on a stock motor with just cams and a gt35r on 30 psi.

well im building a motor as we speak. so im really low on funds to buy a big turbo and i can get a 14b for next to nothing. I really just want to beat this kid in his ss camaro. I know this is just a stupid high school thing to want to beat this kid.

1fast97gsx said:
Well come on man what's so impressive or so great about running 12s on a 14b? With a 50 trim and the same supporting mods without nitrous that car would be in the 11s. Its like trying to run a low 13 on a t25 when you can just slap on a 16g and turboback and do the same thing with more potential. Besides, what's impressive about doing 12s on nitrous ... 12s isn't fast anymore by todays standards, especially on the bottle.

I do apologize for the spelling error though. ;)

To answer the original question once again ... yes it is possible. Anything is possible with money. An evo went 10s on a 16g not too long ago. Is that a great time? Hell yea it is. Did you see the mod list though? It had a built motor with lots of headwork from what I remember. The same could have been done on a stock motor with just cams and a gt35r on 30 psi.

I don't know many people who have to use nitrous just to get into the 12s on their 14b :confused: In fact DevilSperm just posted his 12 second timeslip in the hangout - 14b, stock sidemount, not a very big mod list either. All it really takes is a little good driving and decent tuning. Granted, not everyone can hit 12s with a 14b, but MANY have and have done so with relatively short mod lists :) I was actually going to try my luck with the 14b, but it took a shit on me before I could get any times with it :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back