The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A to 4G63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningMS

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2002
Century Cove, California
Ok Ive had enough of this aint no normal swap, or it will cost u 6-8 grand to do it, or its not worth it. Everyone that talks doesn't know how easy it is to do this SWAP because they have never done it, My first swap was my own 420a to 4g63T swap Cost me alot because I got robbed and it was so frustrating to be the first that no one wanted to finish the job, overall it was around 8k, I got jacked 3k from a guy who didnt even touch my car, I got jacked another 3k for a guy who put in the engine but didnt finish the wiring, and then i met a guy was honest and finished my wiring, which led me to believe its time to upgrade, so I slapped on a turbokit T3/T4 60-1 kit with fmic and piping and intake and no fuel system so shit happened that was just being stupid and thinking low boost was going to help, because of several mistakes that happened, plus I used a 1st gen motor and tranny which made it even more difficult total cost without mistakes on doing this swap before I owned a shop was a lil over 3 grand about 3300 thats just because i wanted a really nice clutch, results where with all the free mods to a turbo engine over 210 hp compared a turbokit. But heres the thing after all these mistakes im the one who put my footdown for all 2gnt guys I was one of your members till this day now I am and I don't even own one, I've kept my mouth shut because of people that love to talk but I have finished 6 NA to Turbo Swap, and all of them have been 1,500 My Cost and 3k to the customer I need to make money some how, and now that I do this for a livin this is my gurantee. If you live in another state you can get someone to do your swap Ill do your harness just make sure you send it to me I will gurantee it, Now if you let me do your swap I will gurantee a Driveback to Any State you are in thats how confident I am, I trust my work and I know youll like it, Im getting these swaps by word of mouth. I have pictures of all my swaps including my first one you can email me at [email protected]. Results of your car with free mods, plus we give you a downpipe are over 210hp. Lets all finally be friends, I got pictures of all my swaps, Im doing one right now you guys can go see in person. I wrote this really Fast and was talking in my mind as I wrote so if you don't understand or need info ask questions. Comments are welcome, I know people hated me for doing the swap and they might hate me now but Im not dissin the 420a I had one been there done that, but for someone that wants a change you can now do the swap and its guranteed who does that? I do!

Post some pics!! Good job, sorry to hear about the first time....

Alright well this is great news.... My Digital Camera has been found after a month of looking for it since the weddin but I'll take pictures of this one im currently doing. Its a Car from the East Coast a 1996 Green Mitsubishi Eclipse RS thats going to have the JDM 6Bolt 4G63 Engine, I will also take pictures of the harness fabrication for all the shops who want to start doing this swap. "Reminder to all shops" Give Good prices on these swaps because its suppose to encourage everyone who wants to go with this motor to do it... because no matter what the turbo guys say just sell it and buy a turbo... someone is always going to get stuck with the N/A. Ill take pics as soon as I stop by the shop. :dsm: :talon: :laser: :thumb:

igopoopy said:
what about motor mounts and the inner fenders

Motor Mounts.... good thing you asked I wasn't going to say anything but im actually going to make some like hasport for the hondas... but not yet we need to make enough money to make atleast 25 kits so we can start selling them thats in the near future... but heres the think u can cut off 1g brackets and put them on the 2g ... compare a gst with a rs and you will see that the rs has the holes where the gst mount brackets are suppose to go... its not hard at all ... dsm only made one body style for the 2g... only different things are the exterior look changes throughout the years.... Ill show you guys i got my cam back so just ask questions of what pics u want to see and ill take them

I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 98 and I want to swap my 420a for a 4g63. I already have the 4g63 engine (2nd Gen) and now, I need help on how to do the job. Everybody I'm talking with on this forum always tell me it's impossible to do the swap... The problem is that I'm in Quebec, Canada so I can't go in the USA to do the job... If you can give me some infos, I would really appreciate it. Thx!!!

Dave

Do commas and periods come garunteed with every swap? Did anyone who actually read that consider letting him do a serious transformation of their vehicle? Anyone else notice he sold his swapped car and bought a GSX? Anyone wonder why someone would have other people do the swap if they were capable of both doing it and doing in as a buisness venture?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pics are good but what about a website or webpage explaining the swap?
Also will your method work with a AWD setup or just the FWD? Also the kits you are making will it be simple enough for a local shop to complete with using your kits? Also what is the difference between USDM 4G63 to a JDM 4g63?Did the JDM 4g63 was design with the same problem (Crank Walk) as the USDM 4g63's?

Sorry for all the questions, you should have gone to www.2gnt.com about this swap. They are open minded folks unlike here where they will tell you to not do it ,not worth the money, and buy a GST,TSI, or GSX. :thumb:

ItsStockOfficer said:
Do commas and periods come garunteed with every swap? Did anyone who actually read that consider letting him do a serious transformation of their vehicle? Anyone else notice he sold his swapped car and bought a GSX? Anyone wonder why someone would have other people do the swap if they were capable of both doing it and doing in as a buisness venture?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You are making fun of him for comma and periods, but you can't spell guaranteed??? :p

turboed420A said:
You are making fun of him for comma and periods, but you can't spell guaranteed??? :p

U is a tricky vowel man, that guy just slips in everywhere! Qeen, Qote....They still work perfectly!

my car is bein a little bitchass but i'll have it back (cross your fingers...) tonight when i swap ecu's (think its blown up)

hows your whip?

back on topic for a sec:

obviously the motor can be swapped, any competant fabricator would have no problem whatsoever mounting an engine, its just not worth it. sell it and buy a turbo model, theyre not that expensive.

John knows his stuff I have talked to him numerous times on the phone and am in the process of doing the swap myself.... I am having him do my wiring harness which is a huge help ........I just sent it today and the way he sounded it wouldnt take that long.... I highly recomend getting your work done at Evilboost they know there shit...
Once he finishes my wiring harness I will let you guys know how quick and reliable johns work is, just so you guys can hear it coming from a customer and not the man himself

turbo8u said:
my car is bein a little bitchass but i'll have it back (cross your fingers...) tonight when i swap ecu's (think its blown up)

hows your whip?

back on topic for a sec:

obviously the motor can be swapped, any competant fabricator would have no problem whatsoever mounting an engine, its just not worth it. sell it and buy a turbo model, theyre not that expensive.

My car is doing good, I stepped up to a bigger turbo these days, and it knokced a few seconds of my 1/4.

Boxer132c said:
John knows his stuff I have talked to him numerous times on the phone and am in the process of doing the swap myself.... I am having him do my wiring harness which is a huge help ........I just sent it today and the way he sounded it wouldnt take that long.... I highly recomend getting your work done at Evilboost they know there shit...
Once he finishes my wiring harness I will let you guys know how quick and reliable johns work is, just so you guys can hear it coming from a customer and not the man himself

What are they doing to the harness.

They are fabricating it so it can work with the 4g63 motor

Boxer132c said:
They are fabricating it so it can work with the 4g63 motor

Thank you for that, but I meant what has to be modified. The 4G63 uses an entirely unique engine harness, and you would keep the 420A body harness. Im curious what has to be done.

I hate to see this comment: "Sell your N/T and buy a GS-T/X". I'll tell you something. I won't sell my car for 1 reason. My Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 98 cost me 5000$ US. So why should I sell it!?!? Even If I do the swap, the car is gonna cost me less than a GS-T/X.... So, I'll do the swap ;)

alright guys , sorry my computers been broken for past couple of days send your comments to [email protected] I have pictures of several harness's we work on including the one for the 90 toyota supra's with 1jz's. I till send out pictures of all the new work as soon as its done and will post up instructions on the evilboost website on how to do the swap. I don't know when im going to get the motor mount kit's made because we are a new shop and money is tight for upgrades. I cant depend on people saying they're going to buy them, as soon as one person doesn't like my job everything can go down. So Im hoping after these swaps ill get buisness by word of mouth.

so far john you have been a huge help to me and I advise everyone if they want this swap done have evilboost do it.... it is worth the money I bought a working 1990 turbo talon for $1100 and the motor only had 4,000 miles on it plus $1200 invested in the motor and sent the wiring to be done by john and oh yeah I sold my 420a motor for $750 so really all I spent was $350 plus the wiring which is not a bad price considering what all has to be done.... hopefull I will be done by january

Just wondering, but if for some reason I took a road trip to california and wanted an engine swap, how much would the total approximate cost be? How much do these swaps usually take to do? Thanks for the info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back