The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Intermitent Cold / Warm A/C,looking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurCharland

Probationary Member
Jan 11, 2023
Grand Island, Florida
1991 Eagle Talon, orig A/c, blows hot sometimes turns to warm, switch off and it turns cold again causes?

1991 Eagle Talon, orig A/c, blows hot sometimes turns to warm, switch off and it turns cold again causes?
This problem has only occurred less than once a year for 4 years. you are correct in saying take it to a shop but I enjoy learning about cause and possible solution for my Talon. As mentioned it occurred yesterday but today it’s back to normal when I tried to get it to repeat, could it be a weak fuse , switch any of you had similar circumstance? Would really appreciate anyone’s input and ,of course if it becomes more troublesome I will take it to and expert Thanks

This it, I Love it all stock, 40,000 miles close to new in and out

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If the problem is very intermittent the problem is almost certainly electrical. Possible causes:
- loose/bad wiring at the compressor
- bad wiring/thermal switch in the evaporator case
- bad a/c switch (dash control)
- blockage of the a/c drain port (allowing water to build up and freeze on the lines, causing the thermal switch to trip)

If the problem is very intermittent the problem is almost certainly electrical. Possible causes:
- blockage of the a/c drain port (allowing water to build up and freeze on the lines, causing the thermal switch to trip)
Thank you very much, will check out and let you know what I find

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back