The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

speaker question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95allorfront

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2003
milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hi, My friend has a set of infinity kappa speakers for sale and i can get them for 30 bucks but they have a dent in the dust cap of the cone and i was just wondering if the dent would hinder sound quality? Thats all i care about. Thanks much

Not usually, and especially not in a car. Too much road and engine noise, and that goddamned siren sound from the tailgater with all the lights.

You might be able to pop the dome back out if you can find some soft rubber tubing about the same size, and give it a gentle.... erm.... suck.

Sometimes you can pop them back out with a piece of duct tape. Just go easy on it.

won't matter at all. the only reason the dustcap is ther is to well... keep dust an foreign stuff from getting into the voice coil gap.

I usually get the dents out with electrical tape (the good sticky stuff) or if that doesn't work duct tape as stated above. :thumb:

Thasnks for the help guys. I'm gonna try em and see what happens and again thanks for the input.

Brandon

Vacuum cleaner can also work sometimes too.Its just cosmetic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back