The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Some new pics of the Talon's setup so far...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awd4g63

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2002
Savannah, Georgia
New rims; we all know what kind these are :D
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Closer shot:

The new GM MAF setup using the stock piping:

Engine bay shot of the JDM GVR4:

Datalogger setup:

Another shot:

A closer look:

That's it for now; any and all comments are welcome.

And sorry for the bottles and mess on the floorboard; the car's a wreck OMG I'm gonna really clean it up and take some nice daytime shots sometime soon.

i've always wanted to see gsx wheels on a 1st gen. i was thinkin' about buyin' a set for mine, but wanted to see what it would look like. u wouldn't happen to have any day shots of the car with the rims on, would u?

enough about me, nice car. looks real clean. good work.

Thanks for the compliments :thumb:

The wheels really match the car; they just look really clean on it. When they're rolling, they look really good too.

I don't have any daytime shots now, but hopefully I'll snap some this weekend.

It's just a little bracket that attaches to the head unit. Basically a bent "L" bracket that bolts in at the lower right screw behind the factory radio bezel.

How much boost are you going to be running? I tried using rubber plubming couplers like the ones on your MAF as a reducer on some I/C piping in my Colt turbo and at 15psi they lasted aywhere from 2 weeks to a month or so before they split, burst, or just disintegrated. I just sucked it up and bought some nice silicone couplings. Just to warn you. If you want to try those keep a spare or two in the car until you're comfortable with them. They might leave you stranded.

Originally posted by splattj
How much boost are you going to be running? I tried using rubber plubming couplers like the ones on your MAF as a reducer on some I/C piping in my Colt turbo and at 15psi they lasted aywhere from 2 weeks to a month or so before they split, burst, or just disintegrated. I just sucked it up and bought some nice silicone couplings. Just to warn you. If you want to try those keep a spare or two in the car until you're comfortable with them. They might leave you stranded.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm running 16psi right now. I've inspected them over and over for wear, and there seems to be none. It's pretty good quality rubber, so I don't think it's going to give me any problems. Thanks, though :thumb:

Originally posted by splattj

I've heard others say this, but I run mine in blowthrough with the same couplers. I have run 18 psi on a 14b for almost a year now without any trouble at all.

Originally posted by Below Ambient
isnt the GM MAF overkill for a 16G though?

Not really, I really haven't had any problems with it at all. It's much better than the stock mass air. I still need to tune the translator, though, and I'm also going to be using an SAFC-II to fine tune the setup. I did some test runs at the dragstrip last night (1/8th mile strip), and I got some pretty decent times. I was consistently running low-mid 8.7s, with a best time of [email protected] with a 1.9 60'. I was using the stutterbox set at 4500, and it would just slip badly whenever I dumped it. It's the stock clutch... guess it's time to get a 2600, eh? :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back