The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

[RESOLVED] HKS Turbo Timer Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer307

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2008
St. Louis, Missouri
Alright im trying to install the HKS turbo timer but am having difficulty. I have the wiring harness which made things alot easier. However, i just finished installing it and the engine shuts off whenever i shut off the car. The turbo timer counts down and powers up, i just doesn't keep the engine running. Can i get some help? I have looked at all the previous articles, but none really help because the pictures have been deleted. If someone could do a recent Tech article on it i would appreciate it, but if not just give me some sort of direction, thanks

if you used a harness its pretty much plug and play except for the ground wire and ebrake wire and the other optional crap if you decide to use them. but really it should work with the harness and ground wire connected.

I think i might know why. some turbo timers have a setting (llike the newer greddy TTs) where you pick if the sense is from ACC or IGN. check if your hks timer has that option, and switch it to the other and see if it works.

WOW this is driving me f***ing insane. I have the turbo timer hooked up to the ignition, I have it hooked up to the e-brake, and i have it grounded. The damn thing still just counts down without any kind of engine activity. I have tried messing with all the options, but my engine still shuts off as soon as i turn the car off. Any ideas? I'm so damn confused right now :confused:

BTW: i tried looking for that option you were telling me about, but i dont think mine has it. I have looked all over the installation and instruction manual.

Is your ebrake pulled when you shut the car off?

:confused::confused::confused:yea man this is unexplainable. I have the e-brake all the way up, it is grounded, and still there is no engine activity after i turn off the car:confused::confused::confused:

Is it possible that the TT is f'd up? I mean it turns on ok, i can even scroll through the menu, it just does not keep the engine running. It counts down, blinks red and blue, and still no engine activity. It even knows to not count down when the e-brake is not up. I have tried it with it in gear and i have tried it in neutral. I have taken it out and put it back in about 3 times now. I am running out of options. Is it at any way possible i need the speed and rpm things hooked up? I dont really want to mess with the ECU but if i have to i will. Let me know, and thanks 4 the help.

I don't really understand neither. If you have it hooked up right and grounded then you shouldnt have a problem. Try getting a new one to see what happens. Maybe like a cheap ebay one, what do you got to lose?

yea send me a link to the ebay one, ill buy one tonight if i have to. This hks one is pissin me off hardcore. The funny thing is i could sell this hks one for like 70 and im sure the ebay one is alot cheaper. Thats what you call, wheelin n' dealin baby. Thanks

Thats what you call ripping off a person with a junk Turbo Timer. Why didnt you try to ask the person you bought it from?

not cool man.

Whats up man,

Wanna share your solution? Did you figure out what the problem was with the timer? I'd try to solve the problem instead of buying a new one, regardless of price. I'd call HKS directly, and maybe they can help - if you cant get answers here using the Search tool.

The RPM, and MPH wires might have to be hooked up. As illogical as it sounds. PM me when, and if you found the answer. I just bought a type 1; and you can save me the touble as well. :sneaky:

Vannak

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back