The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

GREDDY Turbo Timer Issue

Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbark

15+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2008
Reading, Pennsylvania
so i installed my TT and when i turn the car on it flashes red and the reads C O on the display. any one know whats up. i cannot view the help on their site due to my computer being stupid, jeremy

Is it hooked up properly, like what happens when you pull you key out, dose it keep you car running, or dose it just shut off. Something I wanted answered about turbo timers, is when do you use them though. Is it better to use it during winter rather than summer (i have hot summers and cold winters), and also about how long should it be left running for. Well im sorry I cant be more help to you but it sounds like a wire may not be hooked up, did you buy the car with it or did you try and install it yourself.

i put it on my self and it was hooked up right. it wont even count down at all. just reads CO. also i would use it when ever possible to let it cool properly.

they said to try to reset it and if its not resetting then its fried. too bad i got it out of a junk car in the yard...

I had a similar issue with my turbo timer, a simple reset was able to fix the issue.

I have experienced one unique issue that fortunately hasn't resurfaced, that I believe related to my greddy turbo timer. I manually turned the turbo timer off before shutting off my car and managed to drain my battery within 20 mins. After a quick load test on the battery, checked out good. Got a jump and everything was normal. Not 100% sure it was the turbo timer, but that was the only thing 'out of the norm' that took place at that time.

TheAButton,
I generally base how long I allow the car to idle how I was driving it. If it was casual, no major boost involved 1 min.

If I ran the car a bit, I'll extend it to 4-5 min.

I don't account for the weather much, just what I do all year around.

The whole reason to have tt is to allow the motor time to run at idle and recirculate all that hot oil out of the turbo & through the cooler so it doesnt get caked on there.
I say 1 min for around town driving and 3-5 mins if you drove it hard on a long trip etc.

they said to try to reset it and if its not resetting then its fried. too bad i got it out of a junk car in the yard...

I KNOW.. OLD THREAD. Don't feel I should start a new one. Will I searched here and google and netted some similar answers.
Turbo timer is greddy, black with adapter harness
Problem;
One day for no reason car battery drained. Recharge battery and turbo timer just never kept the car running when I take out the key. So from then on when I take out the key the car just shuts off and no working turbo timer. All the functions still work just won't keep the car running.
I lost my instruction book and majority of it/ if all is in japanese. As I quoted up there I reset it. The button on the back right???:hmm: And it still doesn't work. Me= clueless.

I KNOW.. OLD THREAD. Don't feel I should start a new one. Will I searched here and google and netted some similar answers.
Turbo timer is greddy, black with adapter harness
Problem;
One day for no reason car battery drained. Recharge battery and turbo timer just never kept the car running when I take out the key. So from then on when I take out the key the car just shuts off and no working turbo timer. All the functions still work just won't keep the car running.
I lost my instruction book and majority of it/ if all is in japanese. As I quoted up there I reset it. The button on the back right???:hmm: And it still doesn't work. Me= clueless.

sorry for ridic bump, but im having the exact same issue right now. actually after that my timer and boost controller wont even turn on now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back