The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Resolved fuel pump wiring diagram?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0fg

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 20, 2010
Grand Junction, Colorado
I think I am having fuel problems. Car flashed cel the other day, and it stumbled. My guess is crud getting into the fuel filter, plugging it up, killing the car,, then after it sits a while, the crud has fallen back to the fuel line, and it starts again,, just my guess though.

So, what I want to do before installing a new filter, is run the pump, and see if a bunch of crud is expelled from the line. I do not want to just crank the engine a bunch.

Yes I searched! I think there is a "plug" somewhere near the battery that can be used to hotwire the pump??

Ya know, if people would make the title of their posts relevant to the topic,, and not just " strange problem" or anything irrelevant,, it would be easier to find stuff in the search. Just my 2 cents.....

Ran perfectly till it recently started cutting out just a little bit. It was acting like the air conditioner compressor was cycling in and out. Just a little hiccup in the running every now and then. Never was a problem till it stumbled and flashed cel the other night.

Have not run the car sinse then. I am waiting to purge the tank before installing a new filter.

Thanks!

Last edited:
my suggestion would be to use the mpi relay, its next to the ecu.

in order to make the pump flow you need to remove the metal cover and expose the two tabs underneath, one of them (i think the one on the right) will make the pump flow if you simply press it down

On the 91-94 there is a fuel pump check connector (with 1 black-white wire) on the firewall (near battery?) by itself. I assume the 90 has it too. Just connect +12v there to run the FP (go through a 10A fuse to be safe).

Thanks! So, I ran the pump for a short bit,, no crud came out,, so I went ahead and installed the new filter. It seems to start and run fine. I just took it for a short drive.

Now, when it flashed cel, I remember the coolant temp gauge resting right in the middle, which seems odd because it was at night in slightly cooler air.

Todays test drive was in 98+ degree air, and the cooling fan did kick on, but the temp gauge didnt quite get to midway, stayed just shy of midway.

Idle seems fine at around 800-850 rpm, smooth. Havent done plugs and wires yet,, just fuel filter.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

• For sale Auto parts
    Auto 1g/2g parts
    • jweber
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 1g Fuel level sending unit
    RTM Racing
    • TuskeeTuner
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 Kosei K1 Wheels with Tires
    16 X 7 Kosei K1 Wheels $700 ( Pick Up in 08080 NJ )- I just recently had these freshly powder...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale Dejon Tool intake Dsm/ evolution?
    Used good condition 3in polished Dejon tool intake pipe Sure it could be Used on a dsm maybe...
    • Syclone#334
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g 2g eclipse gsx manual transmission
    I’m looking for a 2g eclipse gsx manual transmission
    • Dryppical
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back