The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

flame thrower kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrench10

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2003
FloridaUS
i just bought a flame thrower kit for my ride. it's the coolest thing and u'll intimidate just about n e out there with it so i suggest u guys pick it up. but i noticed in 2f2f how their flame kits burned different colors. does n e one out there know how the hell to make these flames blaze out in different colors? i'm shooting for green in particular. thanks

Intimidation is nothing if you can't back it up. I personally like a challenge and always pursue cars that I feel are superior, I don't mind losing to something that I should lose to but then if I beat it I feel even better. And flames out the exhaust aren't a good thing, it means you have unburnt fuel leaking out of your motor, except in your case.

i'm curious as to how those work on our cars.. Do they cut ignition for a second and have a spark plug ignite it? Also, where did you get it :)

I also have been wondering how they did that stuff in the movies. Any info orl inks to where you purchased it would be great.

Jester

Originally posted by civileclipse
i'm curious as to how those work on our cars.. Do they cut ignition for a second and have a spark plug ignite it? Also, where did you get it :)

honestly, i don't know exactly how it works cuz my friend installed it for me. i got it off www.autoloc.com though.

2Fast2Furious! Raaawr!

God I hate being an ass, but if someone pulled up next to me in an N/T and flames were shooting out of their exhaust I think I would crack up laughing and wouldnt be able to race.

Hey maybe when the rings start to wear out a little you will get a constant flame or something. Oil fire !

Dude seriousy have your friend uninstall it and buy somethinguseful.
Besides your goal should be t have a car that can make flams withouta kit. Ever watched lemans or grand touring. THEY DONT HAVE KITS. besides you dont want to burn your bumper:D

Heres how initidating that is to me out of my 2 cars i woud get in my Cadillac deville roadster and race you. Sure its a 1990 and its a landbarge. but it also runs the quarter mile with an ET 14.5-15 seconds on the stock northstar. and is my daily driver until my GST is running.:dsm:

bwahaha. i concur, that would make me laugh. got any NAWZZZ?!? ooh ooh how about a fake BOV, perhaps a fake nitrous purge, or even an electric turbo! man that would pump out some major HP. get some overnight parts from japan and you'd have that sucker running 10's.

Attachments

• 6thsense_dumbpeople.jpg
    6thsense_dumbpeople.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 641
not everyones goal is to have the fastest car out there. and depending on the exhaust setup, i'm not so sure that it would melt the bumper. I know on my greddy evo, I dont think that would be an issue, but i don't think I like the visibility of a huge spark plug bolted onto my tip. :-/

Having a car that looks nice and tasteful is one thing. If you like all show and no go that fine. Keep it tasteful. I can just picture the civics with 5 inch exhaust tips, carbon fiber hoods, cut springs and super high real spoilers rolling around with flames shooting out of the exhaust. I dont mind it LOL it makes my day that much more entertaining.

some of u guys r such haters. u guys saw this type of $hit in the movies (2f2f) and i bet not one of u laughed or thought it was cheesy that every car in the race at the beginning of the movie had flames shooting out the back of their cars. u really think those cars can do that naturally??? if so, check one of the recent editions of Sport Compact and you'll c that NONE of those cars are even that fast. meaning, those of u with ur old school outdated lasers and talons could probably take them....or maybe that's assuming too much. in n e case, lighten up and have some fun with ur rides. most of your old school cars are about to fall apart n e way.

If you every do anthing to your car from the f&f movie's you always get flamed for it on any message board even if your car is fast. :talon:

"most of your old school cars are about to fall apart n e way."

Haha my motor now has 0 miles on it, my car is in great shape and runs like new.

So I have car thats fast, runs good, looks respectable, no payments every month other than insurance of course. Have fun with fire shooting out of your exhaust hehe.

Just my two cents here but your "friend" needs to uninstall the flame thrower, unless you have no cat. converter which i highly doubt. If he would have read the directions that autoloc gives it says DO NOT use on cars with cat. converters. Thats just my two cents. Do what you like but i would advise removing it.

Originally posted by wrench10
some of u guys r such haters. u guys saw this type of $hit in the movies (2f2f) and i bet not one of u laughed or thought it was cheesy that every car in the race at the beginning of the movie had flames shooting out the back of their cars. u really think those cars can do that naturally??? if so, check one of the recent editions of Sport Compact and you'll c that NONE of those cars are even that fast. meaning, those of u with ur old school outdated lasers and talons could probably take them....or maybe that's assuming too much. in n e case, lighten up and have some fun with ur rides. most of your old school cars are about to fall apart n e way.

LOL...n00b!

NONE of those cars are even that fast. meaning, those of u with ur old school outdated lasers and talons could probably take them....or maybe that's assuming too much. in n e case, lighten up and have some fun with ur rides. most of your old school cars are about to fall apart n e way.

Maybe you should get a Honda. Also, read our rules concerning proper grammar and punctuation in posts. As for the above statement...suuure.
I could eat up any of the "movie cars" with a 500 pound dumbell in the back and my doors open. Seriously kid, drop the rice, learn to spell, and post again if you have something intelligent to say.

Hey noob nobody said the cars in 2f2f could do that naturally. And as for our "OUTDATED CARS", they run like how you treat them and most of us treat them well and they could waste you anyday. I dont have a beef with you man but dont go bragging about your fart launcher and then Hate on our cars.

Well WRENCH JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, yo can't shoot DIf. color flames. I presonally have never seen a green flame except when the car on tfatf blew up cause it had NOS which ISN"t flamable( :confused: ) hmm anywhoo that answeres your ?

Okay.. I'm gonna try to explain this so that nobody goes and screws up their car... and just so you know how bad of an idea this is most of the time.

First of all... there are two methods...

Method 1:

Parts Involved:
1 Spark Wires (2 for duals)
1 Spark Plugs (2 for duals)
1 Spark Coil
1 Relay
10 feet of 10g wire
1 Female Coil pack adapter
1 Male Coil Pack Adapter (you'll have to order these out of an AMP catalog or something; or steal them off a donor car.)

What happens is when a person revs up to about 3000-4000 grand.. they hit a button... it
opens the engine ignition system circuit, then it runs that power to the coil in the back , the coil fires the spark plug(s) that are mounted 6 inches from the back and bang, you get fire.

First of all, you can't do this with a catalytic converter, because you'll destroy it. Also if your system has a second O2 sensor, it's gonna make the brain think your cat is dead (which by the time you do this.. it will be)

Also running a bunch of unburned fuel through your cylinders is a bad idea, it washes them. (no oil = bad) So doing it constantly is going to kill your engine.

Method 2:

This is a bad idea.. so i'm not even going to explain the details. what it is is fuel is pumped directly into your exhaust and blows out the back, this is what would compare to the flames on 2f2f (very stupid). To get differnt colors, different metals have to be burned. For example, copper is green, so you will get a green burn with copper in the gas that is burned. the ignition requires a seperate ignition system entirely.

If you do this, you could KILL YOURSELF. Dynamite is nothing compared to gasoline in gaseous form. Don't play with this stuff, it's not smart, and it's for highly controlled enviroments (and certainly isn't street legal). People who do this, know what tehy are doing and didn't just buy a kit from walmart.

Hope this clears up the myth of the flame :p

just because a friend of mine and i (we're tech-minded fools...) we thinking about doing something like this with his sentra some years ago... the coil isn't actually necessary is it? just run a wire back to the spark plug mounted in the exhaust with a switch to open or close off the current. if you wanted to shoot different flames... be prepared to do some funky work, you'll have to get a flammable material (that burns a different color) to come out of the exhaust with the exhaust so it ignites and changes the color.
i agree that it's a waste of time, but if it's your thing... go for it (i've thought about it a few times). just make sure you're prepared to accept the outcomes if it does do something catastrophic to your car (bye bye bumper ;))

you have to have a coil because 12v's does not have enough electromotive force to jump that spark plug gap.

Check this out you guys. IMO you should not be flaming unless you don't have to buy a kit to do it. Someone else posted about La man's and how they flame well check out this integra. This is what 250whp will do in a N/A set-up. HAHA doesn't that make you sick? he is making more power in a N/A teg than us gs-t/gs-x guys.

backfire

flaming(LOL)

launch

Make sure you check out all of them. trust me they are bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back