The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AEM Definitely in the tune ... Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rreign0311

Proven Member
Feb 20, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
I'm new to AEM EMS and I've never tuned a DSM before. I have tuned both of my Evo's using a tactrix cable and Evoscan but I'm having a hard time understanding the software. Long story short, I'm not even sure where to begin. Please check out the videos below and let me know what you think about the idle issues I'm having and if you have any insight on what direction I should take, I'd really appreciate it. All of my mods are on my profile.

In the beginning of the first video I am helping it idle manually but as soon as I let off the gas.... well you can see.

DSM bad tune - YouTube

DSM bad tune ... continued - YouTube

Here is some good general info on the EMS: www.ka-t.org :: View topic - AEM EMS Tuning Tips

Heres a good post on idle: *How to setup idle for AEM ECU* - evolutionm.net

this one has got some good info and links in it: General Tuning Guide Lines for Turbo Applications.

I would AVOID that first thread at all costs, WOW I've never seen so much misinformation on the AEM EMS in one thread! Almost every point he made was incorrect. The other threads may help but unfortunately tuning a standalone is several large steps beyond simple reflash tuning and does require quite a lot of additional knowledge and experience.

Post a log of the Tuning template of the car idle with your foot off the gas. Post another PC log of the same situation logging the Idle template. That might give us some more info on what's going on.

Beau

I would AVOID that first thread at all costs, WOW I've never seen so much misinformation on the AEM EMS in one thread! Almost every point he made was incorrect. The other threads may help but unfortunately tuning a standalone is several large steps beyond simple reflash tuning and does require quite a lot of additional knowledge and experience.

Post a log of the Tuning template of the car idle with your foot off the gas. Post another PC log of the same situation logging the Idle template. That might give us some more info on what's going on.

Beau

Thanks for the input. I'll take the logs this weekend and post them up. Really need to get this tuned and running right for the shootout this year.

Does anyone have a map that I can use to just get this running again? I just need something to start with.

If you have a similar build it would be really helpful. All mods are in my profile.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back