The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Component Speakers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucid15

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Has anyone had to fish wires through the rubber hose that goes from your door to your cabin? im trying to install some component speakers in there and its nearly impossible!! First, i cant feed it through the damn hose and second i cant feel where it meets in the cabin. any help would be appreciated.

hah doing it the hard way eh?

are you putting the tweeters from the components in the stock dash location?

if so, you can find the leads for the dash speakers/tweeters in the wiring harness that connects to the stock amp under the passenger seat. I assume you are no longer using it based on getting components to begin with.

you can find the wiring diagram for it by doing a search.

its a nice place to wire everything because all the speaker leads are here in this location. you can leave the passive xovers here as well.

Well no i put my tweeters in the door as well as the woofers... i have to fish it through the hose.

I hooked up my mid range's to the stock wires in the door.
Then ran wires from behind the dash, to my amp in the back.
I put my tweeters in the dash, gutted out the old ones and mounted the new ones inside the old gutted speaker.
It looks really nice like they belong in there.
And I put the crossovers in the kick panels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back