The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Anyone go to Wyotech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben90tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2004
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Hey everyone i was just wondering if any of you went through wyotech and how your expirience was. After i graduate this year i plan on moving back to wyoming and going to their campus in laramie, and going through their Automotive technology core program and also the chassis fabrication and high performance engines course. So if anybody has any input on wyotech id really like to know! thanks

I have a friend that just got back from there last fall. He said it was pretty overrated, but he did manage to score a job at a well known custom chopper shop for airbrushing. So im sure it cant be THAT overrated.

Yeah ive been doing some searching on old posts and i found mixed reviews, some saying it good / bad/ not woth the money. I dont know im not really feeling UTI but thats another option i guess....

I start UTI August of 05 so does a few buddies of mine. we all got accepted, UTI is pretty cool but price is also steep, tuition is also steep they go up every 3 months, i have mine lock at 25k for 1.5 years and taking general automotive and fords course, once i finish that then i can go ton to bigger and better things such as Mercedes AMG, hehe i want that one

Im graduating from Wyotech on Friday....its really not a bad school. But they do start everyone off at the same level. If you've applied or what not, then you know there arent any entrance exams...so in turn, you all start on the same level. If you think your some automotive hot-sh!t that knows it all already, dont bother going there. But if you really wanna learn and can admitt that you dont know things, its worth the money. You can learn alot, but as with anything, you only get out of it what you put into it. They are really big on attendance, you lose grade points for time not in class. Its not like a regular school where you can not show up as long as you do good on the tests. Once you get through the core program, and into Street Rod or Chassis Fab, its really fun. There really isnt much you cant do. We have kids building whole Tube Chassis, in fact a good buddy of mine just finished his tube chassis for a 91 TSI AWD, its bad assed. We have other kids putting turbo H22A into civic hatches. So yeah, all in all, i'd say its a good school. Some people have sucess with it, others dont, but its all about what you want out of it. Just one hint of advice, dont listen to the recruiter that comes to your house. Its all about a check to them. Thats my 2 cents. I could go on and on about the school and the daily routine and all that, but if you decide to go, you'll find all that out, just like i did.

Thanks a lot for the replies! I think i will be going to wyotech though just because its in a town im familiar with (the laramie campus)because i used to live in wyoming and my mom lives there. And i can find an apartment with my cousin who goes to college down there.

Some other questions, do they get into any serious engine internals like how to do complete rebuilds and go through all of that? And also is out of state tuition higher like a normal college?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back