The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 2G - No start after changing the engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awandre

Probationary Member
Mar 28, 2024
Mannheim, Europe
Hi guys,
I'm Andrew from Germany. Last weekend I changed the engine in my 2G because it was leaking oil out of the headgasket and I had another engine with only 80tkm.

Took the intake manifold from my old engine with everything attached to it. Now the car won't start.
Engine is N/A 4G63 7 Bolt 1997

What I've already checked, is :
Fuel pump only works when I give 12v to the check connector. I've also installed a new fuel pump so that's not the issue.
Crank Sensor has 12v and 0-4v signal
I've got spark, the car starts with starting fluid.
It's got fuel in the fuel rail, at the return too.
I tried changing the fuel pump relay and MFI relay, nothing changed.
I don't know what else to check.
The injectors are not opening and it's not giving power to the fuel pump.
On the electrical side, nothing changed, and the car run perfectly before i took the engine out.
What do you guys think ?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Germany

Solution
I tried plugging in my scan tool and ECU didn't communicate, the CEL didn't come on, so I swapped the ECU with one from my other cars, figured it would have some kind of security immobilizer, but the car started right up.

It's just weird how the ECU got fried while I swapped the engine, battery came out first.
I don't know, but that was the issue. Somebody can close the thread.
Thank you!
Hi guys,
I'm Andrew from Germany. Last weekend I changed the engine in my 2G because it was leaking oil out of the headgasket and I had another engine with only 80tkm.

Took the intake manifold from my old engine with everything attached to it. Now the car won't start.
Engine is N/A 4G63 7 Bolt 1997

What I've already checked, is :
Fuel pump only works when I give 12v to the check connector. I've also installed a new fuel pump so that's not the issue.
Crank Sensor has 12v and 0-4v signal
I've got spark, the car starts with starting fluid.
It's got fuel in the fuel rail, at the return too.
I tried changing the fuel pump relay and MFI relay, nothing changed.
I don't know what else to check.
The injectors are not opening and it's not giving power to the fuel pump.
On the electrical side, nothing changed, and the car run perfectly before i took the engine out.
What do you guys think ?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Germany
Cam sensor?

I tried plugging in my scan tool and ECU didn't communicate, the CEL didn't come on, so I swapped the ECU with one from my other cars, figured it would have some kind of security immobilizer, but the car started right up.

It's just weird how the ECU got fried while I swapped the engine, battery came out first.
I don't know, but that was the issue. Somebody can close the thread.
Thank you!

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back