The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Xona Rotor Turbochargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks brother, can’t wait to hit the streets. Also just saw that new UHF turbine wheel on their Instagram. Thinking quicker spoolup?

I run one of these turbos. Nothing is quick spool wise about it and its a dog street driving it especially if you are auto. Its comparable to driving a honda while waiting for vtec to kick in. For a strict track car its fine.

I run one of these turbos. Nothing is quick spool wise about it and its a dog street driving it especially if you are auto. Its comparable to driving a honda while waiting for vtec to kick in. For a strict track car its fine.
You run the UHF turbine that was released this week? Lol or a 67mm xona?

anytime you are getting into big turbo territory the street maners diminish. Thats a given. These are drag turbos...

You run the UHF turbine that was released this week? Lol or a 67mm xona?

anytime you are getting into big turbo territory the street maners diminish. Thats a given. These are drag turbos...

I run the 3794hta. Same exact turbo without the billet chra. I see street car in his profile and just want to give him a heads up that it sucks on the street even with 11:1 CR motor.

Much closer to 6k depending on gear, on a 2.0. if I remember correctly you were also at 6k on 6466 which is a smaller turbo.

Much closer to 6k depending on gear, on a 2.0. if I remember correctly you were also at 6k on 6466 which is a smaller turbo.
My 6466 was on a 1.15 AR twinscroll housing (way too big) and had a poorly designed first manifold I ever made. So it’s not really apples to apples. Never got to try it with the smaller housing and proper manifold before the oil filter took out the motor. I saw 40psi by 6150 woth that setup, it was aweful. Others had seen 40psi by 5200 in T3 open

As far as my quicker spool comment I was referring to Xona’s redesigned turbine wheel. But yes I’m well aware it’s going to be nothing near the responsiveness of my FP green. But 5-6k is just fine, it is no longer a daily so now I can go big.

My 3586 htz didn’t hit full boost until after 6,000 rpms in a .82 housing in 3rd, in first it wouldn’t hit full boost from a roll before the 10,000 rpm limiter. The super 99 in a friends car had to be kept over 7,000.

Everyone thinks they want a huge turbo.

My 3586 htz didn’t hit full boost until after 6,000 rpms in a .82 housing in 3rd, in first it wouldn’t hit full boost from a roll before the 10,000 rpm limiter. The super 99 in a friends car had to be kept over 7,000.

Thats interesting others with thr hta got full boost in the sub 5k full boost is subjective though LOL

Haha, youtube videos never show you the downside of having 800hp 2 liter cars :)

Speaking of YouTube videos and and gt4202, some of my favorite are Casey Barrett’s dsm. You can tell it has some gnarley but every video the passenger is just laughing every the boost hits. It’s videos like that, that make me think I want a huge turbo LOL

I have a htz3586 and a straight line specialties tubular header sitting in my garage right now waiting for this spring. I do not have a hot side for it yet and planned on a .82 A/R open housing. my goal would be in the 650whp range but I want as much response as possible.
unfortunately, budget limited me to the used T4 flanged undivided header, does anyone have experience with this turbo in a .63 turbine housing? would I be able to break the 600whp mark using that A/R?
sorry for highjacking LOL

So a 63 housing will boost lower down in the rpm range vs an 82 housing.? I was looking at the GTX3576R or 82R and the Xona 65-64 turbo as they seem similer. But think the peak power wouod be suited in a 63 housing rsther then a 82 housing. So is it best to get the spool into the area where you use more of the turbo to its mid to high limits or to have less spool and low to mid rpms?

So a 63 housing will boost lower down in the rpm range vs an 82 housing.? I was looking at the GTX3576R or 82R and the Xona 65-64 turbo as they seem similer. But think the peak power wouod be suited in a 63 housing rsther then a 82 housing. So is it best to get the spool into the area where you use more of the turbo to its mid to high limits or to have less spool and low to mid rpms?
All depends on your intended use for the car! Dm me I can get you pricing for both GTX GEN2 and xona turbos :thumb:

All depends on your intended use for the car! Dm me I can get you pricing for both GTX GEN2 and xona turbos :thumb:
Im a long away from getting a nee turbo yet, perhaps 2 years at least, but im circuit racing so less lag the better and more power more of the time and useful boost

A gtx3576 in a .63 housing is perfect for you.

I did extensive testing of the 35r turbine in a bunch of different setups. If the rest of the system is optimized a 35r turbine will support 600-700whp in a .63 housing with great boost recovery and a very wide powerband.

A .82 housing supports another 100+ hp but will only be faster in an auto drag car for 99% of people.

A gtx3576 in a .63 housing is perfect for you.

I did extensive testing of the 35r turbine in a bunch of different setups. If the rest of the system is optimized a 35r turbine will support 600-700whp in a .63 housing with great boost recovery and a very wide powerband.

A .82 housing supports another 100+ hp but will only be faster in an auto drag car for 99% of people.
Thats good to know then, i always wanted to opt for a 20G but i knew i needed more eventually but wanted to ignore them facts LOL, so the Xona turbo suited near the 35r is the 65-64 which is also similer in performance wise,

What got you to do all the work on finding out about the 35r turbos?

I build a lot of cars and engines for people. The more info I have the better I can help people meet their goals.
Thats why then, i guess its your job to know for everyone what will work best

It might be too small to be useful info, but I've been running a XR 6156 in my truck since they came out in 2015. It is the same comp wheel as a 3076HTA, but the center section and housings are all new FP design. There is some info on their site about these bearing systems. This turbo is much smaller in foot print than the T3 50 trim it replaced, spools way quicker, and makes 100 more to the wheels. 593 to the wheels with the auto trans. That's a comparison to an old school turbo, but it's a big win for my truck. :) The newer XR stuff is getting more updates on wheels/housings.

Keep in mind the old Garrett BB based turbos were not repairable if you damaged the bearing section, parts not available from Garrett, and that was a major pain in the ass for a lot of people that ruined their shit. I like that FP now has control over every part of the turbo. XR turbos are just FP wheels and center housings/bearing systems in Tial housings.

The 71hta was not a mysterious new name for an old wheel, it's just a 68hta in a downfiring compressor cover. I have one of these on the 2g compounded with a 4205HTA, works great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back