The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Would this stereo fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I always say "Anything will fit if you use enough lube."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
according to crutchfields, it won't fit

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Damn, not planning to use lube :hmm: According to that site no 2 DIN would fit, but i see people with 2DIN in their 2G. Am i missing something here? What are the suggestions?

I'm pretty sure a double din will fit using the factory metal brackets. It just depends on the model you use whether it will clear when you snap on the bezel trim. I had a kenwood double din in my 97 gst fit but very little clearance with bezel. Thank you for your time, Jason Penny

I just checked the dimensions too, i got worried about the depth, but it seems fine to me? I'm going to try it.

A lot changed since 96, now people mostly use the island for running and teenagers for lovey dovey time. Balaton and music festivals became the topless things. :D

I see all kinds of people running double din radios in these cars, I would be surprised if it didn't fit. Depth shouldn't be an issue, there's a decent amount of room back there. Last time I had my headunit out I was surprised at how much room there actually was.

Double Din fits without any problem. Need to use the factory radio brackets to mount, there is no aftermarket kit for it because they all say that it won't fit. It will and does all the time. If you can't find the factory radio mounts then you will have to make your own.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back