The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

914 Cheeko

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2018
Newtown, Connecticut
I made a diagram of what I was thinking about doing with my oil catch can so I don't waste so much oil, just wanted to make sure it would work since I don't have a clue about oil catch cans. I was going to tee the two lines coming off of the valve cover and then have them go to the vented oil catch can that only has two lines. After that it would go to the intake, and I would plug off the intake manifold's vacuum line port. Would this still create too much pressure? It is a 4G63T from a Eclipse GSX if that matters.

BLACK: vacuum lines
GREY: tee and cap
RED: valve cover
GREEN: intake manifold
BLUE/PURPLE: intake
YELLOW: catch can
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You don't need a vented can if you're pulling from the intake. Vented cans are for when you have an open turbo with no intake pipe to suck from. Other than that it looks fine to me! You could just cap the second port on the valve cover though. You just need the one port on the valve cover.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back