The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Wiseco HD/4G64 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackedDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2009
Pensacola, Florida
Alright, so I've been doing a little research on my current piston setup and need some answers. From someone either knowledgable about this subject, or with personal experience using these pistons.

I asked my machinist for 9:1 pistons on my built long-rod 2.4, and the pistons he provided me with he said were 9:1. But I searched the part number (K627M87AP) and it comes up as Evo pistons. They said 9:1 on an Evo, but Evo's use 43cc combustion chambers. Everything I've found said these should be 8.5:1 on a DSM.

However I was sifting through ExtremePSI and found this. http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=21528&cat=1586&page=1

I used the information listed there in a compression ratio calculator here http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/CompRatioCalc.html and it gave me 8.82 to 1 compression. I used .011 Piston-to-deck height in my calculations though and I'm unsure if that's proper or not.

Any thoughts/experience/advice would be awesome. Will these be 8.5:1 or 8.8:1 like my math shows?

Edit: Did a little more digging. I'll check back in later with my actual deck height clearance and compression once I do the measuring.

Last edited:
Whoops. Forgot about this thread. Update is, actual compression is based on piston to deck height which is set by the machinist or the installer. Mine happens to be .004" which results in 8.92:1, basically 9:1 for sake of argument with a 47cc combustion chamber, and stock HG thickness, 87mm bore, 100mm stroke, etc. Hope this helps!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back