The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who all is pushing boost on stock 420a internals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well this post was good reading until it derailed. Take it to the PMs for the love of god. I would like to see more 420a Turbo Settings, reviews and results not squabbiling.

Please continue with the 420a turbo specs and results. kkthx

Not to hijack...but no matter what model dsm 2g, the insurance is the same. They are all classified as a sports car.
Btw, if anyone came across a low mileage nt, how long would) it last on mild boost? (stock internals).

actually not true. there is a difference in insurance especially if you're under 26.

with proper fuel mods and an amazing tune, probably just as long as it would if it wasn't boosted. under 10 psi on a small turbo isn't going to kill the engine. less then perfect tune will.

Let's keep this thread on topic. We don't need (yet another) 4G63 vs. 420A debate, and we don't need to discuss your insurance premiums...

I know a guy in my neighborhood, who bought a 97 Talon with a 420a and it had a Star turbokit. He was pushing 8psi with stock internals and all the correct fuel mods, except hes fule would cut out everytime he went above 4500 rpms.

I know a guy in my neighborhood, who bought a 97 Talon with a 420a and it had a Star turbokit. He was pushing 8psi with stock internals and all the correct fuel mods, except hes fule would cut out everytime he went above 4500 rpms.

Probably needs a FCD, and kits are usually garbage and over priced because they do not provide everything.

My engine is rebuilt, remanufac crankshaft. 1 piston and rod off a 420a i blew up, 3 off a junk yard one with a junk yard block. New rings seals and gaskets.

Running about 6-7 psi. I took off my boost controller because it was garbage and I kept spiking to 15 psi (which is pretty fun when it happens, massive power), but not safe for the engine. Engine has 6k on it, turbo has 1.5k on it. Also got an automatic so the wheels spin when it shifts sometimes, gotta love full boost at 3000 rpms when shifting 1-2.

Im not sure what your looking for Doom.. Its all been done before, noting new to test. we know what works and what doesn't and for how long. Typical rule of thumb is 8 psi on a S16G sized turbo are about the limits you should push anything else and reliability will drop off. If your going to boost, the conventional wisdom, is build it due to 8 psi is typically not enough, people always want more.

Im not sure what your looking for Doom.. Its all been done before, noting new to test. we know what works and what doesn't and for how long. Typical rule of thumb is 8 psi on a S16G sized turbo are about the limits you should push anything else and reliability will drop off. If your going to boost, the conventional wisdom, is build it due to 8 psi is typically not enough, people always want more.

*ehem*, most, but not all. Maybe some just need to be able to make it up a hill without being in 1st gear the whole way up. :cry:

Such an old post. Im running a Hahn Racecraft kit stage 2 with their S16g and front mount, greddy type s and apexi n1 exhuast on a rebuilt engine. So far its been running for almost 2 years at 8psi with 25k on the rebuilt engine already. Engine is stock, i would of built it but i was low on funds to get it running.

My bottom end is stock with a port & polished head, 4g63 valve springs, 60mm TB P&P intake manifold, 450cc injectors, EVO3 16g turbo, 2.5" turbo back exhaust,4" intake and Megasquirt on 10psi. Havent had one problem with it in over 3 years, nothing has broke. I last dyno'd over 2 years ago and made 258hp.

8psi daily driving,stock bottom end, PnP head,SFMU,motor has 93,000 orig miles,been turboed for 23,000,even my cheap ebay turbo is still going for 2 1/2 years(t3/t4 GSP .57 trim)

With the portfueler your going to do 20+?? Did you finally go MS or did you find something to handle your timing along with portfueler??

we will see if they can tune the MSD :p

Side note. Ill ###### be squeezing ya in this weekend

i run a supercharger right now, around 10 psi, and no problems, took the engine out and freshing it all up now just because i did not want it to blow up LOL, had about 9k on it with supercharger, like 160 on the motor, not its getting all new gaskets and cleaned up, thinking of putting my turbo on it now, maybe both LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back