The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

when i getting boosting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kccombs

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2011
wichita, Kansas
Ive got a 92 eagle talon and did the turbo conversion with a t3 t4 garret 57 trim and when i get to boosting and reach so much psi is acts as if its flooding out. Ive lowered the boost since i know it depends on air flow and not psi that the engine gets. And it seems to help alittle but still does it later on. Could it have something to do with the bov? I have the hks shql bov so should i turn the adjusting screw in or out at all? I have stock tsi 1g man injectors. Everything is stock tsi besides the turbo, exhaust mani, waste gate, mbc, and bov. Thanks for the help.

get a air/fuel gauge in see where that is. sounds like you need fuel upgrades since you turbocharged a nonturbo car. i bet your running very lean in boost and you have fuel cut. i would recommend getting fuel upgrades , tuning equipment, and engine management (gauges ect.)

^^^^^This........and if you didn't upgrade your fuel pump to match the required fuel for your turbo set up then I can asure you your pistons are turning into an unfortunate shmelting accident........

William-

Make the following legible and current, though I assume the guys above are right on track if that's a real mod list...:

DSM Info
Bolt-on Modifications:
Walboro 255 fuel pump. 450 tsi injecters. 38mm waste gate. T3 t4 turbo. Greddy short throw shitfer. Jdm intercooler piping. Tsi fpr. Tsi fpr selenoid.

Engine Internals:
Bored 50 over

Drivetrain Modifications:
Stage 2 clutch

Suspension Modifications:
Upper anti sway bar

Yes i do have the walboro 255 and tsi 450 injectors. Tsi fpr. I am planing on getting a afpr and wideband. Would that solve most of it. Becuase that was already on my next to list

Adjust the boot to wastegate/10psi and run with that until you can get a wideband and check your AFR's. Otherwise, as stated above, you will melt the pistons by running too lean.

Adjust the boot to wastegate/10psi and run with that until you can get a wideband and check your AFR's. Otherwise, as stated above, you will melt the pistons by running too lean.

Ok adjust the boot to wastegate? Im totally new to turbos. In my waste gate now it has a 7 psi spring in it.

And also 10 psi on a non turbo block with a t3 t4 will make it run way lean i would think, wouldnt it?. Since its not all about the psi, its about the amount of air flow. Correct?

Sounds to me you dove in on the deep end with no water.

In other words you dont have all the proper supporting mods for the turbo yet or knowledge.

Probably overflowing the 1g MAS. Very easy to do, usually happens around 30-32 lb/min of airflow. I wouldn't boost on it much at all. You need at the very minimum a datalogger to figure out what is going on. I would highly recommend getting ECMLink to log and tune with. That will also allow you to move to larger injectors (you are probably running out of injector already), and a better Mass Airflow sensor. Look into a 2g MAS or an Evo MAS

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back