The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What is a boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TypeONegative

5+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2017
Utica, New_York
Hi I searched the forums and Google, I don' understand how a boost controller works, my friend sent me this photo today probably to say dsm's are junk or w/even he's a Mustang guy, and it got me thinking how do these work and can I install on on my 1998 gst and make it a 12 second car? Will my car beat a 01 Mustang gt if side by side at highway speeds? I' not talking about speeding but like going 45 in a 65 then flooring it and letting off at 70 mph

Attachments

• f034df9d473aeab8fb0f1e3951d25ad3--life.jpg
    f034df9d473aeab8fb0f1e3951d25ad3--life.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 195
Oh Pauley, do you really think that much of Ford Mustang GT's? Lol
Up hear they are loud...and slow. :)

I've always said mustang GTs are only good for one thing.. sounding good.

Problem is I've been saying it so long I'm starting to eat my words with the new 5.0s. LOL I can still walk ones with bolt ons but anything serious and I'm in trouble.

If you googled it and you didn't understand.. trying googling how a boost controller works, a ball and spring style boost controller. You may have been getting confused because there are several different kinds.

I use the old school $15 nxs MBC and it works great. I was able to spike up to 16-18 psi on a t25 depending on the day. And smoke mustangs in my damn auto fwd just not on the highway with that little turbo.

Op you need to read through the FAQs and upgrade paths. You're asking rudimentary questions which lead me to believe you're going to be modifying the GST in the future and you need a buffer course on forced induction before you start asking common questions. We know you're excited over your first 4g but there's a plethora of dsm specific information out there if you take a few minutes to look. When you google search follow it by DSM. Maintenance first grasshopper.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I owned one before and can tell you they are good for one thing! Flying sideways into a ditch LOL they slide out like a drift car

Thanks very much, now that is really cool where did you find it

Last edited by a moderator:
Can one be safely put on a stock gst?
Yes but there are limitations. Maintenance first mods second. I wouldn't touch a thing until you learn more. The very nature of your question leads me to believe you have lots to learn first. Most things are straightforward but unless you're already mechanically inclined there will be a steep steep learning curve. Even if you are a seasoned mechanic there is a lot to learn if you want to modify.

Yes but there are limitations. Maintenance first mods second. I wouldn't touch a thing until you learn more. The very nature of your question leads me to believe you have lots to learn first. Most things are straightforward but unless you're already mechanically inclined there will be a steep steep learning curve. Even if you are a seasoned mechanic there is a lot to learn if you want to modify.
I am a mechanic, I've worked on turbo 6.0s, turbo jettisoned ect for friends, but I don' know about tuning boost ect I have lots to learn is correct, the car is a gift for my husband he doesn' know it' in our garage yet, I'm trying to fix it up for him as a surprise (he's been sick two years hoping to get him fixed up) and I want it to be fast, he's not a nutcase LOL but likes to roll off a light when there's another interesting car or truck LOL, if anyone here knows him please don' tell him as its a secret surprise!

I am a mechanic, I've worked on turbo 6.0s, turbo jettisoned ect for friends, but I don' know about tuning boost ect I have lots to learn is correct, the car is a gift for my husband he doesn' know it' in our garage yet, I'm trying to fix it up for him as a surprise (he's been sick two years hoping to get him fixed up) and I want it to be fast, he's not a nutcase LOL but likes to roll off a light when there's another interesting car or truck LOL, if anyone here knows him please don' tell him as its a secret surprise!
You're in abetter place then. For general auto you already know about maintenane, hoses, belts etc. Please seek out the faqs and writeup pages, read up a little and then come back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back