The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flndr

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2013
Girard, Illinois
A few years ago (6) I had a 99 GS (OZ Edition) and have regretted getting rid of it ever since.
Well I'm looking for another. I want a turbo this time. Would love a Turbo.
Looking for a G2 (97-99 GST or GSX).

I have been looking for something with under 150k miles and little to no rust.
I have narrowed my search down to this ....
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Used Cars For Sale - Carsforsale.com

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Brian

Don't look like to bad of a car. Although I would find out when the work was done on this car. Have to say if this would be your daily driver go over everything with a fine toothed comb. Example if it's been ran hard on the stock transmission an it grinds when shifting you could be looking at transmission issues later on. Do a compression check on all cylinders before buying, has trimming belt ever been changed, look at the head gasket does it look like it's leaked at all. These cars are a blast but be ready to work on yourself an if you wanna play you have to be able to play. I have 92 sitting in my garage waiting on me to spend more money on it. Somewhere around 350 to 385 h.p. tuned by Devon in Chicago because I did not plan things out better I'm replacing head gasket. Car ran awesome for a bit an then I learned a lesson. But it's not my daily driver it's a toy so down time don't kill me just passes me off. An with anything wheel an deal an get the lowest price. Good luck

Thanks for the reply:
Yes the looks of this one caught my eye (Minus the stickers). I would swap the headlights and tail lights back to stock and remove the blue stickers.

This would be a daily driver for me (back and forth to work 8 miles round trip, and I would not be running it hard (all the time :D).
As far as the maintenance; I plan on asking about all the maintenance records and if it looks and sounds good and drives good, I would be willing to wheel and deal the price down and replace the timing belt myself. (If needed)

Well my search continues. That car was sold already :banghead:

Good luck there out there I seen a 2g talon for sale while back that had 63,000 original miles on it garage kept almost mint condition but I think the owner thought it was plated in gold was asking 8500.00. With no mods... ouch..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back