The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Went out today, got some O'reilley floor mats until I can get my carpet replaced. Its still in good shape but my clutch master leaking on the floor made it a mess. I cleaned it good, but its still gooey. Floor mats cover it until I get a new carpet. CEL is still on P1105, ordered a new Fuel pressure Solenoid on wednesday. www.oemmitsubishiparts.com has awesome prices. $34 for my solenoid. And its a dealership so they have fast access to the parts.

yea when i started it i hoped it would turn out to be very good. on my buddies vw forum people post everyday.... the thred has been going on for like two years. that would be awesome if this one survives like that.

It may last a long time. Ive seen threads go on here for 7-8 years. Sometimes not always constantly but when people find it after a while, it will get some more love. Its cool to see what people are doing on a daily basis though. :thumb::thumb:

Finally got to pull the vaccume lines and emissions thangs and route the fuel purge line to the fender well. Then twas time to paint the old rusty looking battery tray and misc brackets a nice flat black X}

After a min on here and a bite to eat back to try to break the lateral arm free so I can get to the axle seal. Day 26743 of trying to get all these #*@ bolts free without snapping them.

Well this happened...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

so i fixed all the damage

Oil feed line blew apart spewed oil everywhere caused the fire

That sucks man. I'm in the process of doing oil pump/water/pump/timing/rod bearings, and a whole new fuel setup. Everything is off the engine now I'm being lazy. LOL. I'm still waiting for my fuel setup from STM, should get here by middle of next week. Then it's go time. Let me get back to doing my timing.:hellyeah:

Today: Reran the pipes for my FMIC to tidy up and get better clearance where I need it. New radiator from PR and installed two 10 inch slim fans. Rear 02.
Yesterday: Driver's side front axle and whole front end including... Upper, Lower and Lateral control arms and bushings, Ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, and sway bar end links.
Tomorrow: Start wiring in my UEGO wideband.
That's about it for now untill I sell some parts.

Today I...
swapped my freshly painted "wicked white" stock 15" wagon wheels onto my Galant VR4, trying to save my 16's for the track, tires are getting bald :aha:
emptied catch can :barf:
Beat my buddies stock turbo Evo8 with 330awhp 3 times, from a dig, 2nd gear roll, 3rd gear roll :hellyeah:
dusty parking lot, did a few awd drifts/burnouts :rocks:
finally washed her :D

Said I love you to her....she's putting down 414 whp and 349 lbs of torque....she's my daily driver and rock solid reliability. Just goes to show if you do the requird maintainance, DSM's are as reliable as any other 4 cyl including my prior car....1996 Honda civic dx

Well this happened...

so i fixed all the damage

D: That's actually sad...

I didn't get to do SHIT to mine today. The person who has the tap I need for my manifold holes decided he didn't want to do anything today. Graaah.

I took my talon for a ride out into the desert about 50 miles out of town. Beautiful landscape out there. Drove it up to Sedona, and went fishing last weekend.

took it for its quick 5 minute drive, and since my exhaust dumps right off the turbo i scared the shit out of some people walkin on the sidewalks, they ran away like it was godzilla. i ROFL ed the whole time.

Took mine out for a spin,and fans didn't turn on at all :banghead: First time I got to drive her since August,been driving my Colt everywhere but I miss the Eclipse. Back to the drawing board after replacing all the sensors,time to check out the relays and fuses better. Both fans run when I kick on the ac,though,and turn the blower on:confused:

Took mine out for a spin,and fans didn't turn on at all :banghead: First time I got to drive her since August,been driving my Colt everywhere but I miss the Eclipse. Back to the drawing board after replacing all the sensors,time to check out the relays and fuses better. Both fans run when I kick on the ac,though,and turn the blower on:confused:

I'm having the exact same problem, minus i haven't replaced my radiator and thermostat yet.
I'm thinking it's bad wiring though, i have to get it checked out with a multimeter, gonna take it to a really good local automotive electrician hopefully this coming week.

I put a new ball joint in... Well im almost done with it. Just lost motivation for a bit.

Put in a new 2600pp and CN 6 puck.

I went outside, looked at my car, popped the hood and found mice and their nests in the engine bay. Put my radiator fan shroud on. Found coolant on the drivers floor by the gas pedal (no carpet in it) and pulled the dash so i can do a heater core in it. Oh, and get the mice out of the heater box as well.

Cars been sitting for 3 months now :( waiting for me to build the motor; and she's sitting on dirt none the less so everything is rusting and corroding :notgood:

just ordered a new boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, mbc, and instrument cluster gauge pod from STM for the gst. maybe then we'll know what's going on when he's driving LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back