The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Weird auto transmission fail

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enriquez2000

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2014
fort collins, Colorado
Driving yesterday and the car fellt like it shifted down and hesitated then heard a mechanical clunk and car started to barley move as i pullled over. When i got out I saw smoke and a burnt smell.

Started car up to try and move it a hair over and wouldnt moce forward or back. Pulled tcu to see if i could limp it and same. Got car towed which took an hour and off the truck i started it to try and line it up with curb and this time it went hard into reverse but drove. I went forward and reverse one more time and they now went smoothly.

I know somethings wrong but have no clue where to look. Any help appreciated!

First check the level of fluid with it running in park, then if it is full and still wont move pull the pan and see if there is any debris in the pan.

So oddly enough it "appears" it was just a loose connection on the harness at the tranny.. fluids good and so far shifting is ok... with the smoke i had im afraid tcu is probably on the way out so forcedfour to the rescue... hard to trust 26yr old electrical components anyway

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back