The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

General WB weird downhill

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauispyder

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2015
Kula, Hawaii
I recently installed an Innovate MTX-L.
It had been working well and displaying readings consistent with what is happening (rich under boost/load and full lean going downhill with my foot off the gas) most other times it hovers around 14.7, even with mild acceleration with minimal boost. The weird thing I’ve noticed is that when I’m going downhill if I touch the gas lightly (boost still -22 or so), the WB reads 12.5 or so. Anyone else notice this or know why I’m seeing this? Car runs fine no changes.

Do they need periodic free air calibration? I just installed my LC2 and it is in the car in my shop. It was working (I mean reading anyway) until tonite and I found a bad ground. Just tryin to give a lil help if it applies. :)
Check all the connections.

I’ll check. Last calibration was about 6 weeks ago. Everything else seems normal just when I’m light on the gas going downhill. I live at 4000ft and work is sea level so I’m weirdly fascinated with how things behave on hills.

Sounds like normal operation to me. The car is in fuel cut with your foot off the gas and the WB goes full lean. As soon as you touch the pedal and the tps sees it the ecu comes out of fuel cut mode. I don't know what the target AFRs are at that point but it must be a little rich.

So is the car behaving differently than its norm? If not, dont worry. If so then it needs to be watched but I I'm with silvre on it unless it is odd all of a sudden. The altitude change is probably a factor and probably fun to monitor. :)
Just make sure good ground for controller and sensor.

I kind of suspected it might be normal ecu op, I just want to get familiar with what to expect from the WB in normal situations before I try changing to bigger injectors. Yes the car is acting normally. Thanks for your advice!

Its fcd fuel cut deceleration, when you add throttle your out of fcd hence the 12.5 afr your seeing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back