The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

VRSF J-pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I decided to buy the VRSF 1g FMIC with the J-pipe... big mistake...

Anyway, the pipe is a pipe besides welds there isn't anything to mess up right? Wrong!

As I'm sure literally 110% of you that ever installed this pipe knows, it just happens to be nearly impossible to install because of the BS location of the "bottom" bolt. However! It can be done if you have the power of 10 Norse gods and Thor's Hammer to beat the hell out of the pipe in frustration.

First off the bend of the pipe makes it so you can't get a socket (Duh) or a wrench in the tight little squeeze to tighten the fastner. If you try the box end of the wrench to tighten the pipe it will work until you actually try to torque it down, which feels great you got this pipe from hell to actually start threading. Oh and by the way, it is nearly impossible to get the bolt to start threading unless you have fingers that were crushed flat from a 30 ton press and I feel sorry for the man dumb enough to try to start it with a wrench. Now, when you finally manage win the lottery and get it started AND torqued to the point where you can no longer use the box end you are faced with a new problem. Even with the worlds smallest wrench you can't get enough movement to actually torque down the bolts enough to get them to the right torque value, I mean you could try but I'll laugh when you strip the head of the bolt and you have to cut your new J-pipe apart to drill out your bolt.

Now that you have prayed for god to strike dead the SOB who designed this thing, you can actually get started installing it.... correctly.

I'm going to list two great methods that actually work.

1. Throw your new VRSF J-pipe in the trash and buy another brand.
2. Don't listen to my sage advice and stick with this thing. Now go out and buy M8x1.25 20 (length) allen bolts. The next step in your great plan to not listen to me will involve buying a new stubby allen wrench set (unless you have one for some reason) or you can cut the short end of your allen wrench off leaving just enough to fit into the head of the bolt. Awesome! Now that you have the clearance required to actually torque the damn thing you can start all over and nearly pop a vein in frustration that somehow this pipe can bend space-time to actually manage to be HARDER to start threading with a ALLEN BOLT of all things. How can this be? How could it possibly be HARDER to thread a allen bolt with nice little threads on the hea? Who knows, but it is.

Overall I give the VRSF J-Pipe a -10 out of 5, which is easy to do because this thing breaks the laws of physics just to make it overly complicated to install. I think this thing even once divided by zero.

As to how the pipe works. No one knows, it is a abosulute myth that this thing has ever been installed. Don't believe those photoshopped pictures of the pipe somehow bolted to someones car.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

*Off topic* Nevermind that RTV, it was just to hold the gasket on. I cleaned that mess up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back